• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad Advisory: Stop Riding Your 2014 R1200RT

'15 rt

See BMW site has finally gone to 2015 status....predict '15 models in New Jersey will be delivered to waiting customers very shortly.

See BMW site has finally gone to 2015 status....predict '15 models in New Jersey will be delivered to waiting customers very shortly.

I apologize because I'm apparently wrong about BMW's web site going to 2015 status. I saw the new blue RT model on their first page, but when going to "build" page they still show only '14 colors. Sorry, but it's got to be close.

Last Friday I took delivery of a new ( not a buyback) 2014 with all the bells and whistles and free GPS. I loved my 2011 R/T until I rode the new one. What a machine!

Pricing on the 2014, new and used, the ones that fist came out w all the bells

It would seem the new 2014s are priced in the $22600 neighbor hood and the used (with >1000 miles) are about $19300. I don't think this is low enough. Anyone finding anything substantially different?

Has anyone nailed down whether or not those of us that sold our bikes back to BMW can buy one of the used ones? I see no restrictions noted on my dealer's website.

It would seem the new 2014s are priced in the $22600 neighbor hood and the used (with >1000 miles) are about $19300. I don't think this is low enough. Anyone finding anything substantially different?

Has anyone nailed down whether or not those of us that sold our bikes back to BMW can buy one of the used ones? I see no restrictions noted on my dealer's website.

I bought mine back. It originally listed for $21,345. Sold it back to BMW in July and purchased it back in September, when I learned the '15's were going to be held up and how much cheaper my '14 was going to be second time around. Buyback '14 RT's are being credited to dealer inventories at Demo pricing. That's around 25% off. On my bike the net to dealer would be right around $15,600. Dealer can sell it for $16,500 and still make close to a grand. A healthy relationship with dealer by having purchased multiple units over the years can pay dividends at times.

Looks like I was wrong!

Seems to me the used market could get heavy with the 2014 wetheads! There could be some real bargains
Out there come late Summer! So is 2500 bucks enough! I think that is short ,all things considered! I paid full MSRP for my bike, then I get 2500, I am guessing joe blow could walk into the BMW store late summer and buy the same bike for 18,500. Ouch! I am a looser with the 2500 kicker and have been most of the summer with no scooter! Don Miller 2014 RTD

Looks like I was wrong on the $18,500! The Loyal Ones got the )/;?:!,'cn

Back