• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What Do You Like About Your Aftermarket Windscreen?

I am far happier with my Cee Bailey windshield than I was with the stocker. The top flip pushes the air up and out, for a nicer pocket of calm air, the flow at the sides is still decent, so should be fine in the warmer months.

C-B sports screen

For the next few months, it'll be my choice as it allows more air around my torso. My head is above the turbulent air for the most part. It's a bit noisier but I always wear ear plugs of some sort so it's fine. Looks good too.

Wunderlich trophy takes off wind pressure from the chest,living helmet in pure air.Eficient to approx. 75mls/h.Above that speed like you don't have nothing on your bike....depend what you like.I like it..:)My son has V stream on his F800R it does not to much differences,compared to Wunderlich.Same sh...diferent package.:dance

The Cee Bailey with the recurve is hard to beat for protection and quiet. I have never had a stock BMW W/S that I liked. It may be that they are going for low drag in their wind tunnel testing instead of rider comfort.

I have a Calsci XL. It was great in Iowa, especially in the winter, but I wish I had a little more airflow here in AZ. I've never had to raise it more than a couple inches at most to get rid of buffeting. My only knock is that the edges aren't finished nicely like other windscreens.

Looking for a windscreen to like

Recently purchased a 2008 R1200R that had a Ztechnik Z2405 on it. I get a lot of noise & buffeting from it during in city commuting and wouldn't want to take an extended trip with it. Anyone found a windscreen that provides decent protection & quiet airflow for a naked bike? BTW I'm 6'-1" which I think will affect the available choices.

Back