• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What Do You Like About Your Aftermarket Windscreen?

cookie

Jeff
I have a 2008 R1200RT and the salesman said the first thing you are going to need to do is replace the windscreen with a Cal-Sci.
I did not know what was wrong with the factory screen so I rode my new bike for a year or so then I decided I better get that Cal-Sci product.
I must admit the coverage is better because it is taller and wider. The factory screen is thinner with a slight tint to it and it is crystal clear where the Cal-Sci is a bit hazy to me anyway.
I got use to the Cal-Sci then I got in the habit of changing them out in the summer so I have more air movement around me in the warmer months and better protection in the cooler months.
What brand did you get?
How does it compare to stock?
I added some pics to compare. The Cal-Sci has the air hole in the lower center to balance the pressure??wshield2.JPGwshield1.JPGwshield3.jpg

For me the problem wasn't the height of the stock windscreen, it was it's ability to send severely turbulent wind directly into my neck and fact pretty much at all times. This was evident by the waves of bugs that would get caught in that wind flow coming from those little side cutouts and slamming into me.

The Cal-Sci is amazing because it stabilizes the wind at any height so I can either by hit by nice, unbuffeted wind or put it up and feel like I'm in a car. It did seem hazy to me a little at first too, but it seemed to clear up after a good cleaning with a microfiber cloth.

I have a Cee Bailey for sumer and Aero Flow for winter for my 05 RT . Both work great, I think the Cee Bailey looks a little better on the bike .

I have a Cee Bailey for sumer and Aero Flow for winter for my 05 RT . Both work great, I think the Cee Bailey looks a little better on the bike

What are the qualities of each that make you switch them out with the seasons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replacement Windscreen

I have a 2008 R1200RT and the salesman said the first thing you are going to need to do is replace the windscreen with a Cal-Sci.
I did not know what was wrong with the factory screen so I rode my new bike for a year or so then I decided I better get that Cal-Sci product.
I must admit the coverage is better because it is taller and wider. The factory screen is thinner with a slight tint to it and it is crystal clear where the Cal-Sci is a bit hazy to me anyway.
I got use to the Cal-Sci then I got in the habit of changing them out in the summer so I have more air movement around me in the warmer months and better protection in the cooler months.
What brand did you get?
How does it compare to stock?
I added some pics to compare. The Cal-Sci has the air hole in the lower center to balance the pressure??View attachment 45343View attachment 45344View attachment 45345
I went with a Cee Bailey on my 2010 R1200RT. It is wider, taller, and MUCH quieter than any other windsheild I have ever had. Maybe due to the reverse flip at the top?

Parabellum Windshields

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with Parabellum Windshields? I have a 2008 GSA and am considering switching to a Parabellum from a stock windshield. Since I live in Florida I ride year round and have heard that the Parabellums are much quieter than stock. This is the main reason that I am considering the switch.

Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Z-Technik cooler weather

Cee Bailey's DK. Gry. tint Sport Shield warmer weather!

Both are better at thier intended purposes than the stock shield!

ZT: warmer in the cooler and quieter and smoother!

CB Sport: Cooler in the warmer and quieter and smoother!

Wow

I like the Cal-Sci better than the stock. You get use to things you know?
The increased wind noise and buffeting is a bit much. I may just go back to the Cal-sci and leave it on.
Many Cee Bailey fans in the group. Hmmmmmmm.

I have a 2011 RT and I switched to the Cal-Sci windshield. It is about the same size as stock, but it pushes the wind over my head and not in my face like the stocker. Must be the hole in the bottom that makes the whole thing work better. I tried putting the stock one back on last week and found out that I really need the Cal-Sci on my bike. Two days later the stocker came off again. I'm sure that the other vendors work too, but this is the only one that I have tried. I tried this one because I had one on a FJR years ago and it was awesome on that too.

I have the Cal-Sci medium on my 09 RT and am very happy with it.

In the summer I also use the Cee Bailey Sport dark grey. Looks better and works well.

Shorter Windscreen Maximizes Air Flow

I ride a 2011 R1200RT primarily in the heat of the north Georgia mountains. I have the opposite issue than most. In Atlanta, it's about maximum air flow (more, not less.) Over the winter I treated myself to a new BMW Airflow jacket and pants. About an hour into my checkout ride in 85 degree temps, I was wondering whether it was a good purchase. Where was the air flow? I stood up on the pegs and got a nice blast of air that cooled me down immediately. So, the Airflow jacket is a hit (and extremely well-constructed), but I needed a solution to the RT's outstanding job of protecting me from the wind. So, I searched the forum for a windscreen that would allow more air flow from upper body to helmet. I wrote in vain to a number of the after market windscreen companies asking whether they had applications for increasing air flow. You can imagine the responses to such an odd request. Actually, I didn't receive a response from any of them! I ended up purchasing an Isotta SC1008 windscreen from EuroNetBike. It's 4.5" shorter than the OEM and available in clear and light smoke. With a little luck, the OEM and Isotta photos attached correctly below. Took a 200 mile run yesterday and the difference is night and day. The air flow is outstanding. No more or less buffeting with the screen up (although I never ride with the screen up.) If you go this route, you may need to translate the Italian installation instructions online, and I found nylon spacers at Home Depot made a cleaner installation. I love the new windshield. Cost was $184.36 delivered to my door from Austria.

http://www.euronetbike.net/is-sc1008.html

002.jpg004.jpg

I have an oversized cee baileys. Depends on where you want your airflow. My airflow comes from my hands. Open the underarm vents in my aerostich Darien, along with the back vent, then unzip the sleeve closures. I can't imagine it's possible to get more air. I've ridden thru the desert at pretty warm temps. Nice and comfy.

I'm good up to about 90 here in NC. 90+ and NC humidity, it's just going to be hot.

Btw, mine is 3" above stock in height, 1" wider. I ride it year round. Perfect for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My '05 had a ZT VStream on it when I got it used, and I can't imagine not putting it on all future bikes, although the one my brother recently put on his Goldwing, he doesn't like.

Back