Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Yb in In's Campin' and Cavin' Adventure

  1. #16
    ian408
    Guest
    Did you know you can have SPAM sushi?

    Ian

  2. #17
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,588
    Quote Originally Posted by ian408
    Did you know you can have SPAM sushi?

    Ian
    No... I'll need to put a little soy sauce and wasabi on it the next time I'm camping.

    My fave way to prepare SPAM is to slice off a chunk, put in on my Rolla-roaster and then cook it over the open campfire.

    Ian, too.
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

  3. #18
    ian408
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian
    No... I'll need to put a little soy sauce and wasabi on it the next time I'm camping.

    My fave way to prepare SPAM is to slice off a chunk, put in on my Rolla-roaster and then cook it over the open campfire.

    Ian, too.
    BTW, SPAM sushi is really a Hawaiian thing and called Musubi. Sticky rice,
    spam and a seaweed wrapper.

    Ian

  4. #19
    Registered User einnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SE Mich
    Posts
    403
    great story!

    You ever figure out what that noise was coming from your bike at dzimbrics?

    - Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

  5. #20
    Brrr YB in IN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by einnar
    great story!

    You ever figure out what that noise was coming from your bike at dzimbrics?
    Yeah dad thinks that it has to do with the front end. He thinks that the steering bearings are shot, but thats cool since I have another set ready to go. The real problem now though is that there is something screwed up with the electrics. I got stranded on 37 on the way home from work on Saturday night and had to get picked up at 3 AM. Ah, the joys of motorcycle ownership.

  6. #21
    blake
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YB in IN
    Yeah dad thinks that it has to do with the front end. He thinks that the steering bearings are shot, but thats cool since I have another set ready to go. The real problem now though is that there is something screwed up with the electrics. I got stranded on 37 on the way home from work on Saturday night and had to get picked up at 3 AM. Ah, the joys of motorcycle ownership.

    you still haven't done the steering head bearings!!
    i forget how long you've had the bike, but there was a reason a new set came with the bike.

    how about a post in the kbike section on your electrical problem?

  7. #22
    Brrr YB in IN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by blake
    you still haven't done the steering head bearings!!
    i forget how long you've had the bike, but there was a reason a new set came with the bike.

    how about a post in the kbike section on your electrical problem?

    Yeah, I actually kind of forgot that I even had those until dad reminded me and pulled them out from a nook in his garage. Whoops. I'm holding off about the electrical problem post until tomorrow. The cavalry is coming down to do a couple of swaperoos from his bike to figure out for sure whats going on. I think that he's bringing down my steering head bearings too so that we can do those as well.

  8. #23
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    Nice report Garth. I like the area around lake monroe, very senic, and there are even twisties in the area for riding. So when you going to invite me down there? Or when are you going to come back up here and enjoy some peace and quiet and flush toilets at the same time? Bring your dad, he is cool too.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

  9. #24
    Brrr YB in IN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    Nice report Garth. I like the area around lake monroe, very senic, and there are even twisties in the area for riding. So when you going to invite me down there? Or when are you going to come back up here and enjoy some peace and quiet and flush toilets at the same time? Bring your dad, he is cool too.
    I'm working that out right now Loraz. Stay tuned for the BLITZ TO B-TOWN. I have to get my bike running again first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •