• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What I did on my summer kind-of-a-vacation

Ugly.

29415059-L.jpg

Here ya go. Ya see all those tickets? You see that monkey on the shirt?

Prophetic?

Um, er, ah.....

29415081-L.jpg

There was a lot of this going on. I take your picture, you take my picture, we all see each other's perspective.

Maybe I should do this on the media editor threads or something. :ha

29415126-L.jpg

Chacifer, standing there on the left, gave Rob a Hershey bar at the rally so we had to make him wear his helmet. We didn't, at least this time, have to put the harness on him and hook him up to the YB trailer.

Good thing. It was wet and he gets cranky when he's wet.

Chace thinks it's all funny. Well, little missy, it's all fun until someone looses an eye. You just go ahead and laugh. No dinner for you.

Signed,

Uncle Dave

29415140-L.jpg

Despite what we'd heard about the food at the rally (I really expected to see a Deep Fried Lima Bean stand), we were able to convince Rabia that it was good enough to forgo her standard big bug with chili pepper mayo dressing.

Sort of insect sushi. She usually like wasabi with her big bugs, but we couldn't find the sushi joint in Lima to get the stuff.

29415185-L.jpg

Rob, as you may know, is going to ride the Iron Butt. He used the trip to Lima as a sort of shakedown run. He's pretty well good to go here, but you can't sit on the thing and get it to do a smoky burnout.

Here, Chace helps hold it so Rob can get the tires warmed up. Yeah, baby. There's nothing finer than 49cc of runaway chain saw to hit me *right here*.

Boooyeah! I think he's got all the GPS and lights and stuff installed on it now. He's just about ready. He's got a fuel cell coming that's gonna fit in the helmet stowage area under the seat and he's SET!

:thumb

29415230-L.jpg

OK, last one for tonight because I have to go to the airport to pick my favorite riding buddy up - Tina.

Anyway, here's the thing about digital photography. You can take pictures of any old thing. If it doesn't turn out, who cares? That's what the delete thing is all about. So you can do stuff. Take a shot of some folks walking around in the dark and see what ya get.

What we've got here is a wonderful smile. Wanna know why? Cuz she's doing almost the same stuff as that kid in the earlier picture is. Hanging around, shooting the breeze, out on a nice summer nigth with lots of bikes, lots of tents and lots of new friends to make and old ones to find.

Don't know her name, don't know that I saw her again the whole rally.

29415246-L-1.jpg

See you cats in the morrow. If you can identify folks in the pics, fill 'em in.

:wave

Very nice report David. Some grammer problems, so I am forced to give you an A-. Now, put the beer down and take your seat with the others. .... David....David....what are you drinking now? Do you want to go to the Principal's office young man? David....David.

KBasa said:
Chacifer, standing there on the left, gave Rob a Hershey bar at the rally so we had to make him wear his helmet. We didn't, at least this time, have to put the harness on him and hook him up to the YB trailer.

Good thing. It was wet and he gets cranky when he's wet.

Chace thinks it's all funny. Well, little missy, it's all fun until someone looses an eye. You just go ahead and laugh. No dinner for you.

Signed,

Uncle Dave

29415140-L.jpg

:lol
Oh my.

Thanks, guys. So anyway, I climb over the fence after all the festivities, MrsK picks me up in the rent a racer and I go back to the room to snooze.

Next morning, kinda like now, eh? Is there a literary tool like that? Art imitates life? Life imitates art? We all imitate each other when we see a good argument going on on the internet?

There's been some damage from the storm. The YBs have lost one of their EZUps and there's been similar kinds of problems around the campground, but nobody seems to have had their mellow harshed at all.

29416640-L.jpg

Well, of course, if there's water involved, some of the airheads aren't gonna be too into it the next morning, so around camp there are airheads doing part of what the Airheads club has tried to convince us is simply a demonstration of their character. Folks have the tanks off and they're poking around under the tank with all the fiddly bits. Some of them are just doing it cuz it's what they do to their bikes when they're not riding them. They take them apart to see if they can make them run with out the key or on WD40 or with a half a spark plug they bought at the Wally World for $.15.

But around the grounds, the BMW version of camp TV is being played out. Folks are standing around, coffee in hand, watching other folks work on their bike.

No big rock dyno, though. Some of you YBs know what that's about. :evil

I love my airhead. It hates me. This is not my airhead.

29416657-L.jpg

See? There they are.

I think that's why the airhead guys get all that furniture and stuff. If you're gonna spend a lot of time watching Camp TV, you need somewhere to sit.

29416660-L.jpg

OK, for all you Pakistanis or Middle eastern folks that get upset when someone shows you the sole of their shoe, now's a good time to look away.

iRene, that fashion slave from Maine, (almost an oxymoron, as everyone knows there's no such thing as fashion in cold weather) has ponied up for some nifty shoes with molded flowers right in the sole.

Holy moly. I want a pair, but they don't come in my size. Feh.

29416705-L.jpg

See this? It's only 10:00 in the morning and already folks are wilting. This is a cooler full of ice. This is Dana. Dana is putting his tush in the ice because at 10am, he's already sweated through his BVDs and his Tshirt.

It's quarter to 8am here on the left coast, so I'm gonna go out to the garage, arm wrestle the airhead into starting and go for a ride. If it won't start, I'll take the damn Honda.

So there.

Hiya, Savant! :wave

29416709-L.jpg

KBasa said:
There was a lot of this going on. I take your picture, you take my picture, we all see each other's perspective.

Maybe I should do this on the media editor threads or something. :ha

29415126-L.jpg

Backatcha....

Backatcha.jpg

KBasa said:
Speaking of chatterboxes, here was the happiest guy I met all weekend. Talk about being in his element. This cat was playing host and having a ball every time I saw him.

Tina and I are sitting in the audience at the closing ceremonies. I look on stage and there he is, with a whole bunch of medals hanging on his arm. This, my friends, is a volunteer. He saw something that needed to be done and did it.

Loraz is my hero.

29412601-L.jpg

I've only met a few like him, and I like him.

Back