• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1150RT Black Plastic Washers

mhuf

Can anyone tell me where I should have put these black plastic washers/spacers while re-installing the transmission?

Attachments

• plastic washers.JPG
    plastic washers.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 116
I've R&R'd a lot of R1150 transmissions and I have never encountered those, but maybe you disassembled stuff that I don't.

I've R&R'd a lot of R1150 transmissions and I have never encountered those, but maybe you disassembled stuff that I don't.

Anton, I was not inside the tranny. Had the dealer put in a new input shaft. I was thinking that maybe these are to go where the shock meets the swing arm or stabilizer possibly? Can't find them in parts fiche anywhere.

Anton, I was not inside the tranny. Had the dealer put in a new input shaft. I was thinking that maybe these are to go where the shock meets the swing arm or stabilizer possibly? Can't find them in parts fiche anywhere.

R&R = Remove and Reinstall. Bike work, not tranny work.

If they are original, they are from the front end of the Paralever link but they normally stay in place on that bushing. To refit them, the easiest way to get a wrench onto that bolt (if you have already replaced the right foot peg plate) will be to remove the foot brake lever.

R&R = Remove and Reinstall. Bike work, not tranny work.

If they are original, they are from the front end of the Paralever link but they normally stay in place on that bushing. To refit them, the easiest way to get a wrench onto that bolt (if you have already replaced the right foot peg plate) will be to remove the foot brake lever.

Thanks Anton. I have not yet installed the final drive so should be easy.

Did you happen to remove the gas tank?

They look like the big rubber washers that go on the gas tank bolts. (Maybe I'm thinking on the K12RS/GTs)

edit; sorry I just looked up on the fiche, my RT tank attaches the same as the GS.

Sorry, can't help you.

They look like the big rubber washers that go on the gas tank bolts. (Maybe I'm thinking on the K12RS/GTs)

edit; sorry I just looked up on the fiche, my RT tank attaches the same as the GS.

Sorry, can't help you.

Thanks for the effort!

Anton and GSAddict were spot on.... as usual.

Sorry, can't help you.

You are right! I just pulled the tank on a K1200GT this am and lo and behold the Mystery Washers!

The fuel tank washers (R1100S, K12, R1200C, Hexheads) are smaller ID and OD and made of rubber. The plastic discs that go on the front link bushing are quite thin and are hard plastic.

Back