The goals -
1. Move all accessory the fuses to one location.
2. Reduce or eliminate all in-line fuses.
3. Location must not require removing anything to access or visualize.
4. For best circuit protection, locate nearest to the battery.
1. Move cruise control
2. Move & replace over-ride fan switch
3. Identify & number all circuits
First gut it and mock up the wiring, labeling as I went.
(note Rossi the cat; it's my belief that cats have a special gene that allows them to locate the MOST valuable property in any room and then proceed to occupy it)
The plan on paper.
First - ground everything.
Inside the copper, the entire wire cluster is soldered as one unit and that it soldered to the inside of the copper after crimping it.
Next create a common hot bus bar.
Test wiring new fan switch using an LED in place of the fan.
Pull all the hots to the new location.
And bundle them.
Install new fan switch and relocate CC.
To put the CC there I had to cut ALL those tiny wires, cut a hole in the dash, pull they thru and solder them all back together. (yes, the system still works)
Glow fuses will be installed later this week, grease will be applied to connectors and the wires need a little cleaning up. I spaced the system off the coil pack by 1cm. I still need the make fuse block labels.
Three inline fuses remain; 1 for J&M, 1 for CC & 1-30 amp from the battery to the fuse blocks.
I didn't blow any fuses in the fuse blocks and only one when jump charging from the truck but that happens when one reverses the polarity of the jumping cables.
Ride it like you stole it!
After you wrench it like you broke it.
FUEL: The ONLY time you have too much is when you're on fire.