• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1300GT brake fluid change Difficult? Different ?

frankrca

I phoned to check on having my brakes flushed on the 2010 K1300GT and was told it could cost somewhere between and extra $75 to $240 depending on the type of brakes my motorcycle has. I looked over the method of flushing brakes on the K models in the forum and found that it was lengthy but not difficult, if one follows each step thoroughly. If you know of a different type of brake system that was used on the K1300GT that would make it difficult, please tell me what I should be looking for on my bike and the steps that I would need to take. Thanks

The later K1200GTs and the K1300GTs do not have the servo brakes and are very straight forward to do a fluid flush on. There's nothing really different about it than any other ABS equipped bike. The earlier bikes (pre-2008) had the servo brakes and those are a bit more involved to flush.

I just did it yesterday. If you have a GS911, you can activate the ABS motor which will flush out any air and old fluid from the ABS circuit also. If you don't have one, don't worry about it.

Will the GS911 operate the ABS pump on the K12S with servo brakes as well? I'm about to do a brake fluid change and want to make it as painless as possible.

I will need to get a GS911, but I think they're a required tool if one keeps a bike a long time. Any recommended source for the GS tool??

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:
Back