• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rick Mayer MIA...has MY seat and MY money

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastrph97

Looking for help from the MOA here. My Rick Mayer saga started 2/8/14 when I arranged at the Chicago IMS to have him do my GS saddle. I was given a production date of 2/28/14 by Rick, which didn't happen. On 3/27 I was told it would ship next week by Rick, which didn't happen. On 4/12 I was told by Amy Knox that it would ship next week, which didn't happen. Emails on 4/23 & 4/30 have not been returned. Phone is disconnected. Rick is MIA, with my seat, and my money. (Along with a whole host of other folks over at ADVRider.com). I'm just stating the facts. I paid for something. He has yet to deliver, missing the expectations that he set, and now he is seemingly unreachable. I simply want what I paid for, or my seat and my money back.

Last edited:
First, welcome to the forum! Second, sorry to hear of your troubles. There was a recent discussion along similar lines back in March.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...of-Riding-My-seat-in-a-limbo-Rick-Mayer-Cycle

Rick posted in that thread and maybe you can get a sense of where things are. I hope things work out!

Thanks, I was following that but the thread was closed so I started this one. I really didn't want it to come to this. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, waited patiently, and attempted many, many times to correspond privately but now he is completely unresponsive to emails & unreachable by phone...not just by me but by a whole host of folks over at ADVrider.com. There's a lot of riders out a lot of money, not to mention we're all missing our stock seats as well.

I dealt with Rick several years ago and the experience was soooo incredibly painful, I decided NEVER to do business with him again. My brother had the same experience...painful, deliberate delays, lies, bull **** etc. Don't ever do business with this guy again! You may have to sue him so keep a really good set of records!

Same Problem with Rick!

I also signed up at Chicago for my seat to be done. Now my K1200GT sits in my garage unable to be ridden. At least you have gotten to talk to someone, I have never got any farther then the voice mail lady! What really burns me is that on March 15th he charged my credit card the remainder of the balance, so for six weeks he has all of my money. I have tried to call and it goes directly to a fax line and emails are unanswered. I also just want my seat back, I want to ride! What a disappointing deal. What really made me irritated is he has the gall to advertise in the Owners News. :scratch

Sargent owner here. If you guys with bikes sitting un ride-able have to punt, I can recommend the off the shelf Sargent stuff as much better than stock.

And reading all this I'm glad I chickened out on the custom route. Thought about it, priced it, backed out on it.

Best of luck -- I'll be interested to read how it all shakes out eventually, if no sooner.

I do have one!

I have a Sargent on my R80RT and I like it a lot. I just got sucked in standing there listening to the spiel with a beer in my hand. Right know I think I should have bought another Sargent seat.

No saying I wouldn't enjoy a custom seat, I just backed out because I'm a tight wad.

That, and my days of really long rides are pretty much over.

If Rick charged your card and has not delivered a product, call your credit card company! They will go after him for you. They have much better collection resources than you (most likely) do!

I also signed up at Chicago for my seat to be done. Now my K1200GT sits in my garage unable to be ridden. At least you have gotten to talk to someone, I have never got any farther then the voice mail lady! What really burns me is that on March 15th he charged my credit card the remainder of the balance, so for six weeks he has all of my money. I have tried to call and it goes directly to a fax line and emails are unanswered. I also just want my seat back, I want to ride! What a disappointing deal. What really made me irritated is he has the gall to advertise in the Owners News. :scratch

Maybe it's time the Owners News dropped him.

Yea I know, I am just holding on to hope that my seat will arrive. I need to make a decision soon, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but this has gone too far!

Years of this...

A number of web sites have numerous posts concerning like disappointments over the years. Appears to be part of an ongoing process, with assumed, changing excuses. Too bad for customers and vendor alike....no one wins.

I agree. Unfortunately for me I read those posts after I had put down my money and was having difficulty reaching him. At the time when I signed up I was at the Chicago Motorcycle show and I had been toying with the idea of a new seat. You could say it was an "impulse" buy, well I have learned my lesson. Next time I will do some internet searching before plunking down my hard earned money. The worst part is for sure my wife will never let me forget!

I'd like to see the MOA intervene. As long as this guy advertises in the Owners News and/or at rallies the fraud continues.

Took me 7 months and a lot of hassle, and agitation, at a time in my life when I did not need the extra stress, to get my $500.00 seat pan deposit returned. I like the seat. I received the front seat on my GS fast. The rear took a month but no problem. It was the return of my deposit?

My ordeal occurred 2 years ago. Even though I like the seat, I will not return because of the horrible business practices.

Get him out of the moa news now or tell all of us why not!!
If I lived near this guy I'd pay him a visit for sure!

I don't know for sure, most advertising is sold on a "best deal" "yearly" basis. Why he is fouled up I don't know. I don't think it's intentional as who would want all the clients mad at him.
Anyone that has been in business knows that answering the phone all day trying to explain what is going on take time away from satisfying customers already booked.
Feast or famine is tough in the custom shop business.
OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back