• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

slimy crud run

brewmeister

A reminder that the slimy crud run is this weekend and it looks as though we'll get a break with cool dry weather see you all there.

I'll be going Scotty, and if it's nice weather, I'll be on Ol' Reliable.
11040403_10205882937785440_6300395133717054024_n.jpg

If the weather is agreeable I may be camping in the area fri/sat then crud Sunday.Waiting for some canvas work to be finished on my bunkhouse .I need to sort it out locally before heading out this summer. See
ya there.:thumb

Got this from TVH..

BRIDGE OUT on Ctr. PF to Leland
Detour: Left on Hwy. 60 just outside Sauk City off US 12.

Occasionally he does.. I saw him in Pine Bluff a couple years ago.

Just dug out the xMoto and checked tire pressure.. Haven't ridden it in a few weeks but everything was A-OK.. Gonna head out around 8am and get a couple Grand Tour towns on the way.. I don't do the actual "run" up to Leland.. I just go wander after things clear out at Pine Bluff and go enjoy the day.. Leland involves the start of the drinking day and it's not my bag when I'm on the bike..

Occasionally he does.. I saw him in Pine Bluff a couple years ago.

Just dug out the xMoto and checked tire pressure.. Haven't ridden it in a few weeks but everything was A-OK.. Gonna head out around 8am and get a couple Grand Tour towns on the way.. I don't do the actual "run" up to Leland.. I just go wander after things clear out at Pine Bluff and go enjoy the day.. Leland involves the start of the drinking day and it's not my bag when I'm on the bike..

:nod

I made it to Pine Bluff late, then just rode around, got home at 4.

I never made it to the scr. I hit a raccoon broadside at a good rate of speed squarely and the impact cut the coon in half by my front tire. After a stop to check out any damage I found mush over the front of my r100rt.After driving away the front tire went thump thump down the road so I stopped again and upon further examination I realized the impact had unseated the bead of the tire from the rim. So I took out a screw driver and pried out the bone and guts that lodged between the tire and rim. I then got out my air pump to inflate the tire which did not loose all it's air but enough to brake the bead. So I got home and had to take off the front tire to thoroughly clean out the rest of the guts from in the tire/rim area. Now all seems ok with a check of the tire balance but by then it was way late to head 2 hour ride for me down to the scr. Hope all had a great time. OH, I did change my shorts when I got home too! No other damage is apparent but I will give a thorough look at it on Monday. Mondays check is AOK weeewwww!

Slimey Crud Spring 2015

Thanks for bringing the SCR up. I'm from Madison and a member of the local BMW Club (sponsors of the Great River Road Run) & we all look forward to the Crud Run in Spring & Fall. Sunday the weather was almost perfect except a bit on the windy side in some areas. I don't think I have ever seen that many Harley's in one place. Lots of bikes (and bikers) of all kinds and ages at both Pine Bluff and Leland with plenty to look at & watch. At Sprecher's Bar in Leland there was a brief tribute to the late "Junior" Sprecher, the long time supporter and bar owner who recently passed away. All together a good, peaceful event on a great spring day.

Skot

Great River Road Run??

Never heard of it.. Tell me more..

:thumb

(I'm kidding.. My first rally was the GRRR in 1987)
I'm mostly just trying to irritate Roy.. :dance

My first GR3 was 1978 and that first year I borrowed my brothers Honda 750 to attend.Then by the following year I bought my 77 R100/7. :dance

You'd think in all those years we'd have learned by now.. :thumb

See you in a couple weeks!:dance

Back