• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Homeland security warning on Microsoft Internet Explorer

Yep I read that all versions of IE from 6-11 are vulnerable but the weak link is Windows XP systems running IE 9 or 10. Timing that MS is no longer supporting XP and this happens?

Yep I read that all versions of IE from 6-11 are vulnerable but the weak link is Windows XP systems running IE 9 or 10. Timing that MS is no longer supporting XP and this happens?

Vulnerabilities were a dime a dozen with XP by the end. Good riddance.

Yesterday after I typed my reply, my laptop got the update from Microsoft. It's now IE 11.0.7 (from 11.0.5) and had a few things added to Windows 8.1 as well. My wife's Dell Windows tablet (not an RT but Win 8.1) got it today and I may force the update on her laptop tonight even though she uses Firefox on it.

Does anyone know if a patch has been thunk up? While no doubt this is bad behavior all the way around, the news media is quick to report the bad...slow to report the good.....or even the conclusion.
OM

Does anyone know if a patch has been thunk up? While no doubt this is bad behavior all the way around, the news media is quick to report the bad...slow to report the good.....or even the conclusion.
OM

To remain completely unaffected, just use a different browser.

Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

To avoid most of the risk, update the Flash player in your Internet Explorer: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I just saw an update for IE10 on my home computer. My work IT group is pushing a patch tonight. So it appears some things are changing...hopefully for the best!

Just ran and updated using the microsoft update specifically for the new problem and XP...........Go up to tools in IE and run windows update. The update for XP shows up for download and running..........God bless........Dennis

I heard on the news yesterday that uSoft has released the patch, so if your PC is set to automatically check + install updates, you've got it.

I've been on XP for so many years... Finally upgraded to "7"... Wow, I shoulda done this long ago! Still learning where they rearranged everything to...

Last year we went ahead (after some sticker-shock coughing and gagging) and upgraded all of our daily use computers to W7 Professional. Thus my memories of XP are steadily fading.

That said, I've been using Firefox ever since it was issued and I'm gradually getting acquainted with Chrome. Either is preferable to IE, IMO.

Back