• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Northern Arkansas Starting Tomorrow

ecallis

I'm meeting a buddy in Iowa City tonight and then we are heading down to North Western Arkansas to break in a couple new bikes. My 1600GTL and his R1200RT. We've been down there several times before on our VTX's and are really looking forward to some spirited riding. Any locals have suggestions besides the tried and true routes?

Eric

Have fun. As you probably know, you can't go wrong in NW Ark as long as you stay off the main highways.

Arkansas_Map.jpg

Get the map.

Butler Maps has an Ozark edition that is worth the $. The Pig Hwy (23) runs north and south from I-40 to Eureka Springs. It is a pretty nice day ride with some good twisty's near I-40 and then opens up a bit going north.

My favorite long route in Ar. is any section of Highway Sweet 16. Siloam Springs Springs in NW Ark. meanders all over NW to NCentral Ar. Curves, mountains, secluded backroads, to Searcy, Ar. Do all or parts. Highway 123 between Lurton on Highway 7 to Mt Judea on up to Hasty and Western Grove. Push Mountain Road (341) Between Mountain View and Big Flat on Highway 16. Ride the only ferry in Ar. on Highway 125 over Bull Shoals Lake between Peel,Ar. and Potem, Mo.. If you like those get back with me for more.

Back