• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Need help reattaching a K75S front wiring harness

twofastdogs

Hi, all.

A friend contacted me asking how to reattach the his K75S's wiring harness back onto the bike. I swung by and took a look at it. My best guess is that there's a spot on the fairing support, near the forks. That's about all I could find. I tried to search on the forums, but came up empty.

Here's a couple pics. In the first one, you can see, what I believe is, where the harness attaches to the bike. It's to the left of the fork boot.

k75s-1-M.jpg

k75s-2-L.jpg

1. Am I right about this?
2. Is there a trick to getting it back up there without removing the fairing?

TIA.
-K

Kevin,

The main harness makes a hard left at the left front corner of the gas tank and runs along the inside of the left fairing. There is a spot where the grommet that is on the harness wire ties to the inside of the left fairing.

Let me know if you need photos. I might be able to get you some in the next couple of days.

Greyhounds?

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks, Lee. I will pass that along.

Greyhounds, yes. I figure that I've had a dozen or so through my place. Three adopted and the rest were fosters. At one time, I was dating a woman and each of us had two Hounds. Spending the weekends together, the houses got a bit...crowded. But everyone got along well.
-K

If you can wait, I am about a week away from assembling my K75S harness.

I can take pictures as I put it together. I didn't take pictures when I took it apart but I used a "White-out Pen" and colored ties to mark everything for re-assembly.

Right now, I'm not having a joy-joy moment with a sticking throttle.

But, you gotta love folks that love critters.

Cable good, mechanism, rack and pinion cleaned and lubed.

Did you check the throttle friction screw? Or a bad cable?

Throttle Friction Screw????????? Is that like a muffler bearing or using summer air for your tires? Or is it way worse, like a loose nut behind the handlebars?

I can't find a description for it anywhere. The throttle snaps open and closed very nicely. The cable is loose. The rack and pinion moves without the aid of 25 year old nasty grease. There isn't any screws on the grip to adjust and I loosened off the master cylinder to make sure I wasn't binding the cover when I installed it.

All this to change a torn grip........Looks like pictures are next week. Not that getting this thing back together is a priority, -18C with 10 inches of snow expected tonight. I need to drink beer and fix my snowblower, again.

Harness makes hard left and goes between left fairing and inner panel:

wire2.JPG

It then goes forward and the groove in the grommet is wire tied to the bracket on the inner panel:

wire1.JPG

Yoda,

Oh yee of little faith! :nono

Behold, the legendary throttle friction screw:

screw1.jpg

It inserts into a predrilled and tapped hole on the throttle perch. There is a plastic plug in the hole from the factory that pops out.

screw2.JPG

screw3.jpg

Far and away, the best throttle lock ever devised! You set it once and forget it. The throttle action with it applied is just like without it except that it doesn't return when you let go. Very smooth. No extra effort. No need to disengage and reset like other throttle locks. I only touch it about every 15,000 miles to bump up the pressure as the nylon tip wears. Great for my carpal tunnel. Handy for waving or pointing with either hand.

Only on 2valve early Ks and some airheads.
32 72 1 454 414 LOCKING BOLT $9.30

Last edited:
Greyhounds, yes. I figure that I've had a dozen or so through my place. Three adopted and the rest were fosters. At one time, I was dating a woman and each of us had two Hounds. Spending the weekends together, the houses got a bit...crowded. But everyone got along well.
-K

I love the temperment of the large sighthounds! We've had 9 Afghans. Similar build to the Greyhound except beefier lower legs and feet. And LOTS and LOTS of grooming.

With the large sighthounds you need a big yard, a big sofa, and a big bed!!! We had 3 at one time and I used to go into the bed stores and ask "What do you carry that is about twice the size of a king size?" If we didn't get into the bed first, we were SOL!

My wife is getting a bit burnt out from the grooming after 30+ years, so our next one may very well be a Greyhound.

Harness makes hard left and goes between left fairing and inner panel:

It then goes forward and the groove in the grommet is wire tied to the bracket on the inner panel:

Thanks. So it's supposed to be on the outside of the forks? Mine goes in-between.

Back