• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The '14 Hummers are here............

dennisdarrow

#4869 Earned Lifetime mem
Here in NW Georgia for the last, lets say, twelve years at least, the hummingbirds show up on the first of April.......Right on the dot......Usually they hover in the plate glass windows of the A frame front of the house to say hi and then hit up the feeders............This year......they were late......poor fella's had a long cold winter like us.........they showed up on the 4th of April..........Got your feeders out?????.........God bless.......Dennis

Oh. At first I thought you were talking about humongous SUV vehicles. I was afraid they were making a comeback.

We have frequent hummingbird visits to our front porch flowers in the summer but we don't have feeders for them. We don't mean to discriminate but lots of other species get to chow on the sunflower and niger seed in the back yard. It will be a while yet until the hummers get this far north.

Signs of spring abound!

pete

Oh. At first I thought you were talking about humongous SUV vehicles. I was afraid they were making a comeback.

We have frequent hummingbird visits to our front porch flowers in the summer but we don't have feeders for them. We don't mean to discriminate but lots of other species get to chow on the sunflower and niger seed in the back yard. It will be a while yet until the hummers get this far north.

Signs of spring abound!

pete

If I don't look real close, I can kinda believe that some of the grass may be becoming a greener shade of brown.

Last edited:
The buzzy birds arrived in late March here. We are refilling several feeders daily...it is incredible how many are here.

The buzzy birds arrived in late March here. We are refilling several feeders daily...it is incredible how many are here.
Yes, when I was stuck over at Beach Pavillion, Brooke Hospital, Ft Sam Houston a couple of times for MANY months each time I put up feeders..........SO MANY........The goldish ones were totally beautiful......Here we get Ruby throated and that's it......BUT MANY MANY.

We put out 5 or 6 feeders and in June, July, and August, with each subsequent hatch we end up with 30 or many more fighting for their spots.......Great to watch as we eat out on the gazebo with them zoooooommmmming inches from our heads or hovering at flowers on a shirt..........God bless.......Dennis

Back