• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2002 k1200gt

Just bought a 2002 K2002GT today, will pick this bike up next week. It has 8000 mile and yes I probably paid too much but I love the color, same as my old
R1100gs " RED "". as I look around the web I don't find much on this bike.
What's up ?your thoughts, wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean red 2003 K1200GT? :dunno
In the US there was only an 03 and 04 K1200GT and in Canada there was a 05 K1200GT.
The 03 and 04 K1200GT red was called Piedmont Red.

Carnal thoughts about a motorcycle, me bad.

She's a babe. The details aren't that important. If she runs good and hard and add gorgeous, I'd ride her till she's ------------------Oh me bad again.

confusion

She's a babe. The details aren't that important. If she runs good and hard and add gorgeous, I'd ride her till she's ------------------Oh me bad again.

BMW called and said they found the title, and it's a 2004. same as on their web. Seems like owner reviews were great but no so with magazine writers . They had a 2007 GT sitting next to the 2004GT for a little more money and a lot more bike, but it wasn't red. Can't wait to ride it. Thanks for your tips.:dance

Two things to do before you hit the road: 1) Verify you have metal fuel line quick disconnect fittings (QD's). 2) Verify your engine isn't on the fuel pump flange recall list.

1) There are two sets of QD's to allow removing the fuel tank without fiddling with hose clamps, etc. BMW used white plastic fittings. The male end of the fitting snaps off near the body of the fitting, potentially letting fuel spill onto the engine. Not a good thing... There are host of sources for replacement, metal QD's. To verify what's on your bike, look through the opening into the engine area (on the brake side, not the clutch side). You should see at least one QD. If it's metal, all's well. If it's white plastic, replace both of them!!!

2) BMW has been found to have a problems with the mounting flange for fuel pumps on a wide range of products. The quick check is to verify your year and model against the list of involved bikes. If you have an affected bike, fix it. Losing a fuel pump so ruins your day...

Back