• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

28L Top Case Help

lgb

Hoping someone might chime in... :whistle

I need to rekey the 28L top case and was hoping to find out how to seperate the inner half of the bottom case. The latches are not real smooth in operation and I would have good access to the lock cylinder for the rekeying.
Has anyone performed the disassembly? Special tools required?

Thanks in advance.

To the best of my knowledge, they are bonded together and won't come apart without breakage.

I need to rekey the 28L top case and was hoping to find out how to seperate the inner half of the bottom case. The latches are not real smooth in operation and I would have good access to the lock cylinder for the rekeying.

Thanks in advance.

Try this link. I rekeyed my topcase by following the instructions

http://www.ebbo.org/re_keying.php

johnv

I have it saved as a MHT file. Send me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
Regards
Ed

Purchased a used 49 ltr top case.. no key...can you please send me a copy of MHT file

I have it saved as a MHT file. Send me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
Regards
Ed[/QUOTe

Purchased a used top case with no key. Can anyone tell me if I need to take apart or simply drill out the cylinder ?
Can you please send me a copy of MHT file. My e-mail address is joe.valentini@metso.com

Thanks in advance.

i was successful in taking the lock assembly out of my 49 liter case for re-keying....i believe the 28liter is very similar....and there are some quirky things that need to be done to reassemble so everything works....only took me about 5 tries to get it right...LOL

i work in Goleta (Santa Barbara) and live in Solvang if i can help...

wyman

Back