Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 139

Thread: The GS Giant 2014 - It's kind of a BIG deal!

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Penn Hills, PA
    Posts
    554

    Mmmmmmmbeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

    What time does the Pub open?



    Everyone have a safe ride to the meet up, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

    Rick
    Safety Committee
    Frog Bayou Boys
    '91 R100GS
    '09 G650GS

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    Smile Pikes Peak Campsite

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGski View Post
    I reserved a campsite at Pikes Peak. It's site # 22. They said 6 people are allowed per site. If anyone wants to tag along instead of reserving your own site, you're more than welcome.
    #THEGSGIANT2014
    John
    Hi John, I reserved campsite # 51, maybe if you have room I'll come up and join you. Don

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    South Route

    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Terpster - You must not have any memory in your GPS.

    PM me your e-mail, I will send you the routes that I made from the tracks. For a number of reasons, I didn't distribute these, but will send them to you off-line.

    Ian
    Is anybody else having trouble downloading the GPS file for the south route? I tried last night and I couldn't get it to load for some reason. Its probably me not doing something right.

    #GSGIANTS2014

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Hi John, I reserved campsite # 51, maybe if you have room I'll come up and join you. Don
    The more the merrier!! :-)

  5. #125
    Rollin' by the River R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGski View Post
    The more the merrier!! :-)
    a rider is asking if there's a "meet up" in Sault Ste Marie....without reading the whole thread....anyone know
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

  6. #126
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Is anybody else having trouble downloading the GPS file for the south route? I tried last night and I couldn't get it to load for some reason. Its probably me not doing something right.

    #GSGIANTS2014
    When you say "load" do you mean downloading from the forum on this post, or to open up in Garmin Basecamp, or to load via other method on to your GPS?

    Ian

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Is anybody else having trouble downloading the GPS file for the south route? I tried last night and I couldn't get it to load for some reason. Its probably me not doing something right.

    #GSGIANTS2014
    I can't be sure it's working, but it opened fine in Basecamp for me, and I was able to load it on my Nav IV and start the route with no problem (but I'm sitting on my patio about 125 miles from PP) - so I can't see the route on my GPS.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    GPS File

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I can't be sure it's working, but it opened fine in Basecamp for me, and I was able to load it on my Nav IV and start the route with no problem (but I'm sitting on my patio about 125 miles from PP) - so I can't see the route on my GPS.
    Well I was trying to down load it from this forum. Is there something else I have to do first. I've never downloaded a route before, so this is something new for me, thanks.


    #GSGIANT2014

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Well I was trying to down load it from this forum. Is there something else I have to do first. I've never downloaded a route before, so this is something new for me, thanks.


    #GSGIANT2014
    If I recall correctly, all I did was double-click on the garmin file and it downloaded to my inbox, next I unzipped it, and then I imported into Basecamp (import within Basecamp). Is that the question you are asking, or did I misunderstand it.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    If I recall correctly, all I did was double-click on the garmin file and it downloaded to my inbox, next I unzipped it, and then I imported into Basecamp (import within Basecamp). Is that the question you are asking, or did I misunderstand it.
    Well I saved it to my documants folder and then unzipped it and then I sent it to my Garmin GPS, but it said there wasn't any route to open.

    #GSGIANTS2014

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Well I saved it to my documants folder and then unzipped it and then I sent it to my Garmin GPS, but it said there wasn't any route to open.

    #GSGIANTS2014
    Well, I'm not sure how much help Ill be, as I'm a bit GPS challenged. I first imported the route into Basecamp, and then I used the transfer action in Basecamp to move it to my GPS. It sounds to me like you're doing things differently, and my knowledge of GPSs is so limited, I don't know what else to add/recommend.

    I should add, I did just go outside and preview the route on my GPS, and it does appear to be working on my GPS, so I think the file Vision provided does work.

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    Well, I'm not sure how much help Ill be, as I'm a bit GPS challenged. I first imported the route into Basecamp, and then I used the transfer action in Basecamp to move it to my GPS. It sounds to me like you're doing things differently, and my knowledge of GPSs is so limited, I don't know what else to add/recommend.

    I should add, I did just go outside and preview the route on my GPS, and it does appear to be working on my GPS, so I think the file Vision provided does work.
    Okay, well thanks for trying to help! I'll keep trying. Maybe its because I don't have basecamp!! Well hopefully I'll get to meet you if you're at the Pikes Peak leg of the Gypsy tour!

    #GSGIANTS2014

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dschaue View Post
    Okay, well thanks for trying to help! I'll keep trying. Maybe its because I don't have basecamp!! Well hopefully I'll get to meet you if you're at the Pikes Peak leg of the Gypsy tour!

    #GSGIANTS2014
    I believe that Basecamp is a free download from Garmin, so unless you're avoiding it on purpose I guess you could try installing Basecamp and using it to populate your GPS.

    Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at PP. I hope to be there Sunday night with some other new friends that I've met for this ride.

  14. #134
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I believe that Basecamp is a free download from Garmin, so unless you're avoiding it on purpose I guess you could try installing Basecamp and using it to populate your GPS.
    Yep, Basecamp is the way to go if you want to copy routes onto your GPS.

  15. #135
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,587
    Hey - in case you missed it, Jim Klas posted some links to excellent rides around the ending point for the GS Giant's Gypsy Tour.

    Click here if you're looking for some great rides next Wednesday!


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •