Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The GS Giant 2014 - It's kind of a BIG deal!

More info just posted

The first post in this thread has been updated with information about the GS Gypsy Tours.

If you have registered for the event, you will receive an e-mail with deeper detail soon.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

MEDORA, NORTH DAKOTA; More news.

Medora is a favorite destination town in ND and offers a wide array of options for your pleasure overnighting there. MY GSGIANT base will be the "Medora Campground" and its easily researched on line at Medora, ND entry at GOOGLE or your favorite search engine. The MEDORA MUSICAL ive been reading up on has APPEAL and is quite a show if you were interested. Starts 7:30pm every night in town at the open air theatre. This is a small town, so you wont have any issues finding your way. 35$ gets you a seat and apparently they are available by reserves or on site when you arrive. Sunday night, July20 is our only night there, so enjoy. Many more options exist for overnighting in MEDORA, if you want to spend some bucks. Dinner packages, that include lodging, etc. are available. Spend as you wish. I'm camping along the Little Missouri River at the above campground. All this is within close proximity to everything Medora. I like to see GS/GSAs lining the streets the night of July20. PLEASE visit the websites available all about this neat town and its surroundings, plenty of pics. Its definitely a place you wanna stay more than a day, BUT we move on for our MOA Rally the very next day. Happy Trails all, Randy"Polarbear"Owens

Medora and Me;

I will be a road warrior and GSA dirt thrower very soon now and if you need any help or questions arise about my travels and MEDORA, N.D., GSGIANT activities? I am at; 559-288-2555c or gsarbear@gmail.com , Please shout out and I do my best making contact. "Polarbear", PS; Im on a '07GSA, red and white one that looks the part of far from home and off the beaten paths.

International Falls meetup

As long as work doesn't get in the way, I planned to meet in International Falls. I see the schedule is for Sunday but not sure the plan. Meet Sunday night and leave Monday morning or leave Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 167331 View Post
    As long as work doesn't get in the way, I planned to meet in International Falls. I see the schedule is for Sunday but not sure the plan. Meet Sunday night and leave Monday morning or leave Sunday morning.
    Meetup on Sunday night, depart on Monday.

MEDORA Eats:)

There is one outfit in Medora that cooks STEAKS on Pitchforks. Now that's something ive not seen recently or ever! Sure looks yum yum. If you arrive early there, you may wanna take in some local flavor and maybe even a nice juicy steak cooked over flames on a Pitchfork!! Take pics please

International Falls meetup

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Meetup on Sunday night, depart on Monday.
    Perfect! Thank you!

Interesting comments about Medora. Last year, on my ride home (St. Louis) From the Salem rally, I met a herd of Harley riders by chance at a motel in Montana who invited me to ride along with them to breakfast at the Cowboy Cafe in Medora. Now, having never been invited to ride along with a group of Harley riders since starting to ride, I thought why not; and quickly fell in at the back of the group so as not to contaminate the image of the group :-). It was about a 40 mile ride out of my way, but I was glad to have the company at breakfast, and found Medora to be a gem of a destination on top of everything else. I even survived my comment with the guys when they pulled off the road to gear up for some approaching rain if perhaps we stopped to pick up some fallen off parts. A great bunch of guys with a sense of humor mindful of a lone rider looking for breakfast conversation. If I weren't coming from a different direction, I would definitely meet up in Medora and arrive a couple of days early to experience the area.....

Jessie

Pikes Peak

How many people are meeting at Pikes Peak?

How many of the Pikes Peak people are fairly new to off-roading? (Not just me, I hope.)

~Jessie

Medora! Count me in!

I'll be joining you guys at Medora!

Do we need reservations at the campground?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy5280 View Post
    I'll be joining you guys at Medora!

Glad to hear you're coming.

Do we need reservations at the campground?
    Randy may chime in, but I would make a reservation, just in case. Given that the meetups are on Sunday night, most of the weekend people will already be headed home that morning.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by 143510 View Post
    How many people are meeting at Pikes Peak?

How many of the Pikes Peak people are fairly new to off-roading? (Not just me, I hope.)

~Jessie

I was trying to decide whether to do Pikes Peak or Clay's route. I have done offroad but not with the bike loaded up with camping gear so I'm doing Pikes Peak.

From what I understand, the southern part of the TWAT isn't too bad -- I believe the northern part has more ATV trails, mud, sand, etc.

Sault Saint Marie-Brimley

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The first post in this thread has been updated with information about the GS Gypsy Tours.

If you have registered for the event, you will receive an e-mail with deeper detail soon.

Ian
    Can/Should we reserve the "organization" camp area?

How many will be here Sunday?
    Thanks Jim Mack

Quote Originally Posted by bryanc33 View Post
    I was trying to decide whether to do Pikes Peak or Clay's route. I have done offroad but not with the bike loaded up with camping gear so I'm doing Pikes Peak.

From what I understand, the southern part of the TWAT isn't too bad -- I believe the northern part has more ATV trails, mud, sand, etc.
    You made a good choice, as there's a difference when riding with your gear.

The southern portion of the TWAT features a lot of ride-around options should you want them.

And... Jessie B meet Bryan C.