• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The GS Giant 2014 - It's kind of a BIG deal!

Mmmmmmmbeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

What time does the Pub open?

:bar

Everyone have a safe ride to the meet up, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Rick

Pikes Peak Campsite

I reserved a campsite at Pikes Peak. It's site # 22. They said 6 people are allowed per site. If anyone wants to tag along instead of reserving your own site, you're more than welcome.
#THEGSGIANT2014
John

Hi John, I reserved campsite # 51, maybe if you have room I'll come up and join you. Don

South Route

Terpster - You must not have any memory in your GPS.

PM me your e-mail, I will send you the routes that I made from the tracks. For a number of reasons, I didn't distribute these, but will send them to you off-line.

Ian

Is anybody else having trouble downloading the GPS file for the south route? I tried last night and I couldn't get it to load for some reason. Its probably me not doing something right.

#GSGIANTS2014

Is anybody else having trouble downloading the GPS file for the south route? I tried last night and I couldn't get it to load for some reason. Its probably me not doing something right.

#GSGIANTS2014

I can't be sure it's working, but it opened fine in Basecamp for me, and I was able to load it on my Nav IV and start the route with no problem (but I'm sitting on my patio about 125 miles from PP) - so I can't see the route on my GPS.

GPS File

I can't be sure it's working, but it opened fine in Basecamp for me, and I was able to load it on my Nav IV and start the route with no problem (but I'm sitting on my patio about 125 miles from PP) - so I can't see the route on my GPS.

Well I was trying to down load it from this forum. Is there something else I have to do first. I've never downloaded a route before, so this is something new for me, thanks.

#GSGIANT2014

Well I was trying to down load it from this forum. Is there something else I have to do first. I've never downloaded a route before, so this is something new for me, thanks.

#GSGIANT2014

If I recall correctly, all I did was double-click on the garmin file and it downloaded to my inbox, next I unzipped it, and then I imported into Basecamp (import within Basecamp). Is that the question you are asking, or did I misunderstand it.

If I recall correctly, all I did was double-click on the garmin file and it downloaded to my inbox, next I unzipped it, and then I imported into Basecamp (import within Basecamp). Is that the question you are asking, or did I misunderstand it.

Well I saved it to my documants folder and then unzipped it and then I sent it to my Garmin GPS, but it said there wasn't any route to open.

#GSGIANTS2014

Well I saved it to my documants folder and then unzipped it and then I sent it to my Garmin GPS, but it said there wasn't any route to open.

#GSGIANTS2014

Well, I'm not sure how much help Ill be, as I'm a bit GPS challenged. I first imported the route into Basecamp, and then I used the transfer action in Basecamp to move it to my GPS. It sounds to me like you're doing things differently, and my knowledge of GPSs is so limited, I don't know what else to add/recommend.

I should add, I did just go outside and preview the route on my GPS, and it does appear to be working on my GPS, so I think the file Vision provided does work.

Well, I'm not sure how much help Ill be, as I'm a bit GPS challenged. I first imported the route into Basecamp, and then I used the transfer action in Basecamp to move it to my GPS. It sounds to me like you're doing things differently, and my knowledge of GPSs is so limited, I don't know what else to add/recommend.

I should add, I did just go outside and preview the route on my GPS, and it does appear to be working on my GPS, so I think the file Vision provided does work.

Okay, well thanks for trying to help! I'll keep trying. Maybe its because I don't have basecamp!! Well hopefully I'll get to meet you if you're at the Pikes Peak leg of the Gypsy tour!

#GSGIANTS2014

Okay, well thanks for trying to help! I'll keep trying. Maybe its because I don't have basecamp!! Well hopefully I'll get to meet you if you're at the Pikes Peak leg of the Gypsy tour!

#GSGIANTS2014

I believe that Basecamp is a free download from Garmin, so unless you're avoiding it on purpose I guess you could try installing Basecamp and using it to populate your GPS.

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at PP. I hope to be there Sunday night with some other new friends that I've met for this ride.

I believe that Basecamp is a free download from Garmin, so unless you're avoiding it on purpose I guess you could try installing Basecamp and using it to populate your GPS.

Yep, Basecamp is the way to go if you want to copy routes onto your GPS. :nod

Back