• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

85 K100RS Rear Brake Switch

While riding the other day I noticed that my rear brake was no longer making my brake light come on so started checking for loose connections. The front brake switch was still functioning as designed. Connections were all clean and tight so I checked out the brake switch with an ohm meter. All good there so following the wiring diagram I ended up at the light bulb monitoring box under the tank with all of the relays. Fortunately I had another K100RS that I could pull the part from and that was it. So..... if one of your brake switches on your K ceases to function while the other continues to work, follow a similar course of diagnosis but consider that bulb monitor if everything else checks out.

Back