• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The-not-so-official Rally sponsored Brewery Tour thread.

IBA# 5819
taste_twin_cities_food_drink_tour_minnesota.jpg

Hey Rally goers! We are in the process of finalizing the Rollin On The River Tour of Twin Cities breweries. But before we dot any Is or cross and Ts we need some input from all of the Beer Aficionados attending the Rally.

Here is what we know so far:
Safe transportation in an air conditioned Motor Coach
Free Beer tasting at local Craft Breweries
Free snacks
Free tour T-shirt
Free Brewery specific logo Pint Glass
Free production facility tour of at least one brewery
Memories that will last a lifetime or at least until the hangover subsides
Note: There may be a nominal charge for lunch. Coolers are permitted on the bus so you can take home a growler of your favorite brew!

We have some choices to consider and here is where we need your input.
The days available are Thursday the 24th or Friday the 25th. Thursday and Friday tours will depart between 2 and 3 PM and return according to the duration.
We can also book Saturday the 26th and that tour leaves between 11 and noon. Note that Breweries are extremely busy on Saturdays but we wanted to include that as a choice anyway.
We have a choice of a 3 hour tour or a 5 hour tour. The 3 hour tour would include two breweries; the 5 hour tour will include three. Either choice will include the above goodies.
The cost per person will be determined by the number of people signed up. More on this to follow once we get a feel for the numbers.

So, now that you are thoroughly confused, what we need to know is:
The preferred day of the week and duration of the tour.
This is your rally and we want you to have as much input as possible.
(Note that the decision of the judges is final)
Participants must be 21 years or older and be able to prove it.

Please reply and ask any questions here so we can keep it all in one place.

Paul_Bunyan_Beer.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested, but plan on attending the GS Giant instruction, so it would depend on timing that would not interfere with that activity. Any day would be OK for me! I'd go for the 3 hour tour.....five might be a little long......

2 of us in for Friday for the 5 hour tour. (A three hour tour makes us a bit nervous?) But we'll take whatever we can get.

Thursday 5 hour tour (sung to the Gilligan's Island theme song, and if ya know it by heart, you are DEFINITELY over 21!! : ) ).

I would love to go but not on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I'm a volunteer at the rally. Do you have other days like Mon, Tue, or Weds evening?

ROC

I would love to go but not on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I'm a volunteer at the rally. Do you have other days like Mon, Tue, or Weds evening?

ROC

Hey ROC:
As far as I know there are no plans for an organized tour before or after the Rally. If you want to trek on your own, here is a link to a map of Minneapolis Breweries: http://mnbeer.com/breweries/

Joe

Thursday, a 5 hr tour including a stop somewhere for quick light lunch. Back at the rally site in time for a recuperative nap before the evening festivities start.

;);)

Best,

DG

Thursday, a 5 hr tour including a stop somewhere for quick light lunch. Back at the rally site in time for a recuperative nap before the evening festivities start.

;);)

Best,

DG

Hey DG!
You're right on. The loose plan is to have a lunch brought in to one of the breweries that can handle a large group. Most don't have kitchen facilities so we'll try to get something delivered.

More to follow.

Joe

Hey DG!
You're right on. The loose plan is to have a lunch brought in to one of the breweries that can handle a large group. Most don't have kitchen facilities so we'll try to get something delivered.

More to follow.

Joe

Awesome! Thank you for reinforcing something I've always maintained, that the MOA really knows how to throw a good party!
:dance

DG

I'd go on a 5 hour Thursday tour, probably convince a couple of friends to join me.

Last edited:
Back