• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route to St. Paul MOA rally along Mississippi river area from ILL.

nardowell

Nardowell
What would be a scenic route from Savanna IL to St Paul this summer?
The east side of river looks like it follows closer to the river. Are there other routes that would be better?
Is there some nice riding on the west side?
Travel time is not important as I am retired and like to make frequent stops.
It will be nice to get out of the flat land and enjoy some scenic riding.
It would be great to hear from some cheese heads and some from the land where the children are above average.

The FIB

I've found the IL side is better to Galena, and then I cross over to the Iowa side up to lacrosse. From there IMHO it's somewhat of a crapshoot. The first 20 miles or so north of lacrosse suck but then you get closer to the water and it gets a little better. No much in the way of curves.

On the iowa side a really nice break is pike peak state park. Great views and you usually can see bald eagles riding the updrafts on the cliffs and they are reasonably close.

When your headed north take the west side and take the east side on your way back home!
Very nice ride both ways.

:wave

I think it's hard to beat the trip in WI from Prairie du Chein to LaCrosse. Lots of the side roads offer great riding too in that area.

Lots of good options. If you are not set on staying along the river here is one suggestion.

Take hwy 61 north to 162. Continue north to hwy 16. Go West on 16 then turn right and head north on 108.
west on T, north on VV, to V turn left on D go through Etrick (be careful crossing hwy 53) continue on D jog left on E and then turn right again D this takes you to Strum on Hwy 10. then head west on Hwy 10.

From there you can take Hwy 10 to U.S. Hwy 61 to I94 or ride some more alphabet roads.

So Many Roads, so Little Time!

happy riding!

Steve

Back