• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Navigator V Cradle connections - 2009 R1200RT

mb86196

I recently picked up a new Navigator V w/ cradle and just spent the evening attaching it to my 2009 RT via Wunderlich GPS mount. I found the power connection easily enough but I cant find where the second connector plugs in to allow it to give direction through the speakers. I tore the dash down and pulled the speakers out looking for that connection but I wondering if its even there on an 09 with stereo? Does anyone have a picture or a general location for the audio lead?

My 2010 RT will use the speakers if I turn the radio on. I have a Nav IV which is about the same as V when it comes to the connections. Mine was wired when I got it. I had to look at my bike to see where the wire from the mount goes. Mine goes into a bunch of wires below the key. Mine has a plug and is plugged in, I do not see separate connections for power and sound.

My 2010 RT will use the speakers if I turn the radio on. I have a Nav IV which is about the same as V when it comes to the connections. Mine was wired when I got it. I had to look at my bike to see where the wire from the mount goes. Mine goes into a bunch of wires below the key. Mine has a plug and is plugged in, I do not see separate connections for power and sound.

I could not find it, but mine is an 09. The Nav V has a cable that splits into 2 plugs, the standard 3 pin power plug and a 2 pin plug that is supposed to plug into the audio system so I can get direction prompts out the speakers.

I called my local dealer yesterday and they said Im not going to find it because its not there. I plan to use bluetooth for the most part but I just wanted to connect it if it was available.

Back