• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shipper

You might want to take a look at the March edition of Motorcycle Consumer News. They did a feature article on the pitfalls and considerations of shipping a bike.

Thanks for the replies. I have used Federal to ship to Seattle. Their quote from Greensboro to Phoenix was close to $ 800 and two weeks. I got cheaper quotes but the time was double.

Shipping

I've used D L Transport twice
Has been very good both times
Contact Dan Lawson 513-508-5631
Small operation but great service

I would avoid Allied Van Lines....

The price was right, it was on time..but. It arrived on a cold wet snowy day, I had to ride the lift-gate up & help un-strap it...OK...but I also had to hold it on the lift-gate...on which it & I barley fit, the platform was wet with some snow , and it had bad hydraulics which resulted in about a 2-3"drop when the driver [who was on the ground] pulled the lever...and that damn near put myself & the motorcycle on the ground ! I was able to hang on & none the worse for wear....but never again will I use them. I pitched a fit at the driver....he said that was how they always do it....I called the company to complain...they said the same thing :banghead....like i said ...never again. :brow

You would think Allied had better control of the weather:brow

Have had neighbors use the carrier with satisfactory results even with the first release of the liftgate...which does sometimes go quickly.

You would think Allied had better control of the weather:brow

Have had neighbors use the carrier with satisfactory results even with the first release of the liftgate...which does sometimes go quickly.

Not sure I see the intent of your reply.......But the customer should not be involved at all in my opinion.

and trust me I know lift-gates...and this one was faulty.

maybe read a few ebay auctions as they have a link for shippers-may also come up under "buying" there too.
"U-ship is often mentioned & ADV has this come up -I think there is a "shipping sticky over there"

As mentioned in my previous thread Steve referenced in post #2, I had a good experience with Federal and would recommend them. I plan to ship the RS to Oregon this summer, and will use them again when I do.

Back