• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

price of 2014 rally?

TOOWHEEL

just saw promo if you register before 4/1 you save 20.did the price go up to 60 at the gate?how bout if i resister online after 4/1,what will the price be?

The member price at the gate is $60. The March Madness special allows members to purchase their registration now for $40, which is a $20 savings to gate price. On April 1, the registration price will move to $50 for members and $70 for non members. Gate fees will be $60 member and $80 non member. Only a few days left, but still quite a savings to get in on the March Madness!

Ted

A little odd...

my wife is not a member but I used my number on her registration form. I was about to get a little steamed that MOA is mercenary about spouse's registration being double the member's but it worked so... NHNF?

A little odd...

my wife is not a member but I used my number on her registration form. I was about to get a little steamed that MOA is mercenary about spouse's registration being double the member's but it worked so... NHNF?
Hey Arthurdent,

There is no higher or special fee for spouses, rather, there is a higher fee for non-members. If you sign up your spouse as an Associate Member, that spouse will receive all the benefits of Primary Membership including qualifying for a member rally fee (except only one ON and one Anonymous Book per household). All these benefits for only $10/year or less if multiple years are purchased.

Now that you have registered your spouse for the rally as a member, how about contacting the office and really making her a member for only $10.

As to NHNF, that is no longer used in the NBA, and there can be harm to your club.

Thanks,

tb

Hey Arthurdent,

There is no higher or special fee for spouses, rather, there is a higher fee for non-members. If you sign up your spouse as an Associate Member, that spouse will receive all the benefits of Primary Membership including qualifying for a member rally fee (except only one ON and one Anonymous Book per household). All these benefits for only $10/year or less if multiple years are purchased.

Now that you have registered your spouse for the rally as a member, how about contacting the office and really making her a member for only $10.

As to NHNF, that is no longer used in the NBA, and there can be harm to your club.

Thanks,

tb

Thanks, Tom. I will get onto it.:D

T

Has the price increased quite a bit this year? The gate fee at Bloomsburg was $35, at Sedalia the fee was included in the Superstakes ticket, I don't remember what I paid in Salem but I don't think it was $60.

Are there more benefits included in the 2014 rally or is MOA trying to offset a loss of revenue from declining membership by charging current members more?

Are there more benefits included in the 2014 rally or is MOA trying to offset a loss of revenue from declining membership by charging current members more?

The gate fee has increased this year which reflects an increase in cost of the facilities it takes to run the Rally. The March Madness price was a $5 increase to last year and pre-registration has increased by $15. Prices at the gate have increased the most along with non member rates. This is to encourage early registration and MOA membership so we can better plan and keep costs lower.

The Rally operates on its own budget and does not support the general budget of the MOA or the membership costs. The pricing simply reflects the cost to run the Rally each year. That cost is rising, but it is still a bargain for three nights of camping, entertainment every night, $25,000+ in door prizes, 100+ seminars, 100+ vendors, discounted beverages, good friends and a good time.

Will we see you there?

Has the price increased quite a bit this year? The gate fee at Bloomsburg was $35, at Sedalia the fee was included in the Superstakes ticket, I don't remember what I paid in Salem but I don't think it was $60.

If I remember correctly, I paid $40 U.S. with early registration for Salem last year. It did not include an entry into the bike raffle, but hey, I camped out at the campgrounds for a full week, (Monday through Sunday) for 40 bucks.... Can't get a better deal anywhere, so even if it goes up to $60 for the event, it's still less than 10 bucks a day. Of course, I volunteered for early set-up, but I always feel it's a responsibility to give back to an organization and all the hard working volunteers that spend their personal time to offer an event that is sooo rewarding. On my cross country ride home, even the news from my wife that the hot water heater had burst and flooded the basement didn't impact the mellowed-out mood I was in, :laugh
And as costs go, everything goes up, so if they have to raise the rates to off-set declining membership, then so be it.... it's better than canceling the event altogether for lack of funding..... We're driving some pretty expensive pieces of machinery, so a 10 to 20 dollar increase to offset costs should easily be doable for attending members.....

I think it is a screaming bargain. :thumb

A lot of local rallys charge that much and offer much less in the way of vendors, seminars etc.

I went to my first MOA National in 1987 at Escanaba. I haven't made every one since then but I've been to most. Most have been held at very nice sites and all have been well run. I volunteer at most and always have a good time.

When the cost of something goes up over 70% in three years it gets my attention. As I recall, almost every National has been profitable even in years when attendance was less than projected. Is the cost of this year's location really that much more expensive?

I won't be at the rally this year but it's not because of the price. Some friends and I have a Rocky Mountain ride planned in July so that's taking my vacation time this year.

I went to my first MOA National in 1987 at Escanaba. I haven't made every one since then but I've been to most. Most have been held at very nice sites and all have been well run. I volunteer at most and always have a good time.

When the cost of something goes up over 70% in three years it gets my attention. As I recall, almost every National has been profitable even in years when attendance was less than projected. Is the cost of this year's location really that much more expensive?

I won't be at the rally this year but it's not because of the price. Some friends and I have a Rocky Mountain ride planned in July so that's taking my vacation time this year.

It had nothing to do with this year's rally location, but rather ALL rally sites in general.

Back