• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lucky People #2...

tt100

Problem Number 2:

The US importer for Spiegeler is here in the Dayton, OH area. I called them and had a set of brake lines made up for the RS. I had them add 2" to the front upper due to the Verholen's. I put the front upper on last fall and got around to the rest of the lines today. The rear went fine. the front line that goes down from the MC to the block went fine. Then when I went to install the ones from the calipers up to the block I discovered this:

IMG_20140321_192032346.jpg

They swaged the ends on backwards... Of course they are only open from M-F so I can't do anything until sometime next week.

So I went ahead and the the rear drive oil, the gearbox oil, engine oil and filter, and when I checked the Alternator belt I got one nice surprise as the PO had put on a new one right before he sold it. That doesn't make up for the tire and brake lines but I guess it softened the blow to the night.

Hopefully the previous post with the PR3s helps someone else not have to make two trips to the tire store and two trips to their changer.

Oh, well a night working on my bike is almost only surpassed by actually riding it, so I got that going for me!

Any of the Spiegler lines I've bought had the turnable fittings so you could correctly align the banjo fittings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thought you had me for a second

I ran down to the shop and checked both ends of my lines. The are swaged in place and are not adjustable. That would have been nice though!

Just a thought

Have you tried swapping the lines from left to right? Plus 2 on the plastic clamp and dowel to turn the banjo fittings if you need to. I've bought Spiegler stainless lines for 6 bikes (kits and one off custom lines) and all have come with plastic vise adapters and a dowel to fine tune the banjo fitting.

Any of the Spiegler lines I've bought had the turnable fittings so you could correctly align the banjo fittings.

I bought a custom-length Spiegler line for the front of my R12R last year, and the fittings rotated easily, without tools.

Perfect

I had those "spare parts" in the kit and thought nothing of them. I never even considered them. I just ran down and turned the fittings. They are super stiff and wouldn't turn by hand. Thanks everyone. This was the first time I posted up an issue on the forum. I really appreciate the input. Now I just need to remount the front tire.

Have you tried swapping the lines from left to right? Plus 2 on the plastic clamp and dowel to turn the banjo fittings if you need to. I've bought Spiegler stainless lines for 6 bikes (kits and one off custom lines) and all have come with plastic vise adapters and a dowel to fine tune the banjo fitting.

No, but the only reason was that they were both exactly the same. I appreciate the response from both you and GSAddict on the clamps!

Failure

No, but the only reason was that they were both exactly the same. I appreciate the response from both you and GSAddict on the clamps!

Like my Dad always told me, when all else fails read the instructions. Please do not ask me how I know.

Funny thing about that... It didn't have any instructions on it and I gave those pieces about a2 second glance and pressed on as if it was IKEA furniture with "extra" parts in the bag. Live and learn I suppose. Hopefully this thread helps some other person down the road,

Right. What I should have said is Spiegler is here in Dayton. They also are the importer of some best other things like a new handlebars set up for my RS. I can't remember who makes it... LSL maybe? Thanks for the clarification

Last edited:
Back