• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150RT Top Case wanted

hobarter

Greetings & we'll all be riding soon -

I've got a 2002 R1150RT (great ride, has side cases) & am looking for its BMW top case. I don't know the compatability between, say, 1100, 1150GS, or other BMW top cases - mine has the original 1150RT rack & I don't see the need to switch if I find a case that fits. I know there are 33L & 49L BMW cases - any others out there?
I like the look of the BMW top cases, though I realize the Givi & others may have larger capacities, more lighting, etc.
I ride w/o a passenger on trips so a case that accepts one helmet would suffice. I haven't had a lot of luck on eBay, MOA Flea Market, IBMWR, etc. so far.

Anybody wanting to let go of a case? Other thoughts?

Thanks a lot
Jake

Just a reminder that "want to buy" or "want to sell" ads are not allowed in the main forum area. Perhaps someone can help with a location of where a top case can be located?.....Seen one at the club swap-meet? Send the guy a PM. :thumb
OM

Top Case

Just a reminder that "want to buy" or "want to sell" ads are not allowed in the main forum area. Perhaps someone can help with a location of where a top case can be located?.....Seen one at the club swap-meet? Send the guy a PM. :thumb
OM

Sorry Omega Man - You're right - I should be elsewhere - But before I move, does anyone know compatability issues with 1100, 1150GS racks for top cases?
Thanks

Greetings & we'll all be riding soon -

I've got a 2002 R1150RT (great ride, has side cases) & am looking for its BMW top case. I don't know the compatability between, say, 1100, 1150GS, or other BMW top cases - mine has the original 1150RT rack & I don't see the need to switch if I find a case that fits. I know there are 33L & 49L BMW cases - any others out there?
I like the look of the BMW top cases, though I realize the Givi & others may have larger capacities, more lighting, etc.
I ride w/o a passenger on trips so a case that accepts one helmet would suffice. I haven't had a lot of luck on eBay, MOA Flea Market, IBMWR, etc. so far.

Anybody wanting to let go of a case? Other thoughts?

Thanks a lot
Jake

It took a couple months last year but I found one in the flea market here. I went for the stock BMW case which meant I removed a giving bracket in favor of the stock setup.

You can get a rekey kit to get the lock to match yours

In checking the Max BMW fiche, I see that the top boxes for the 100 and 1150 RT are the same part number and so is the latch repair kit.
Sure seems as though they are interchangeable.

You're in a good spot with your post as you will learn there is no 49 l case from BMW for Oilhead RTs.

You can also learn that realoem.com is a good place to check interchangeability of OE top cases among Oilhead versions. And that I think cases for RTs are RT and RS only and there's only one version and it's 33 l.

Others may provide corrections, but it's still not a "wanted" post until you know what you want.

Back