• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'13 R1200RT Anti-Theft Alarm??

dave

Hi all --

I took apart my seat and rear lights in order to install the Skene P3 Lights and to my surprise I see the alarm control box installed. When I purchased the bike (90th anniversary edition with touring package) it did not say the alarm was included, nor do I have an alarm manual. How would it be activated? Is there an option somewhere in the menu? I've searched everywhere, I'm not even sure I know how to get into the setup menu! I've moved the bike while the wheel was locked but the bike did not care...

Thanks for your insights.
-Dave

Not sure. Sure looks like the alarm module. And it had the connector that looks just like the square alarm connector shown everywhere in schematics which call for a source of switched power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nope. Mine has the connector facing the other way, from the direction of the back seat. And it's flat, square, with a white label on it.

When you have alarm installed, they take out the tire pressure monitor box and replace it with one that does both, i.e. also alarm. You can check the part numbers at realoem.com.

Let me ask this -- if I had an alarm, would I also have been given a key fob remote much like a car would have to arm/disarm it?
-Dave

Let me ask this -- if I had an alarm, would I also have been given a key fob remote much like a car would have to arm/disarm it?
-Dave

If the box you describe is indeed an alarm, then yes the dealer owes you two fobs. My bike didn't come with the alarm, I ordered and paid for it separately. Though I Can't recall what all was included in the packaging.

Would not surprise me if the alarm was installed. Could have been a request from a buyer before you to the dealer, then said buyer could have backed out of the sale for whatever reason. Or it could have been a factory add on. Do you still have the MSRP sticker? It may have itemized the alarm as an option. If so, where's the remotes?

Great question, I did check the sticker and it does not list an alarm.

dunno if this helps but on my f800st, my tpm module was replaced with a tpm/alarm. i asked for my old parts back. big difference being u can see the spot where the speaker is for the alarm.

i also have the 90'th edition. it did not come with a TPM module installed. yours came with one?

if that box looked liek this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1200-K...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c1c9faed&vxp=mtr

without the speaker, its tpm

with the speaker:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-BMW-R1...torcycle_Parts_13&hash=item1c30ff9310&vxp=mtr

its tpm/alarm. if u got the second, the dealership owes u some keyfobs.

And it looks like the image I posted of the "RDC/TPM" has the speaker, so it is RDC/TPM plus alarm, I guess. Sorry for the confusion.

65 75 7 720 818 is RDC (TPM) only. No Alarm. Kind of what I asked in post number 2. If you have TPM on your bike you have a box there. The only question is which box... RDC (TPM) Only, Alarm only, or Alarm and RDC (TPM) combined.

Dave: how did your install go? I just installed my Skene P3 this past weekend and tapped the power off the same box you described behind the rear seat. But now I am not sure if my alarm is working properly now (don't see the signal flashes when activated). Plan to reseat the connector and hope there's all to it. Fingers crossed.

Hi all --

I took apart my seat and rear lights in order to install the Skene P3 Lights and to my surprise I see the alarm control box installed. When I purchased the bike (90th anniversary edition with touring package) it did not say the alarm was included, nor do I have an alarm manual. How would it be activated? Is there an option somewhere in the menu? I've searched everywhere, I'm not even sure I know how to get into the setup menu! I've moved the bike while the wheel was locked but the bike did not care...

Thanks for your insights.
-Dave

Kevin the installation was no trouble and everything seems to be working correctly. My bike doesn't have an alarm but I did take switched power from the same module.

I guess I like them? It's difficult to say since I'm never behind myself to see them!

Back