• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 Rally!

Have they announced the dates of the 2006 Rally yet? I haven't seen that info yet.

Roswell...??

BMW Beauty said:
I Would Love New Mexico....We Relocated To Ohio From Roswell...... ;)
Did somebody say . . . 'Roswell?'

Roswell is famous - thus far - for two things:

1) The hometown of :bow :bow :bow Demi Moore and

2) :hide7 July, 1947:hide:hide

Could a BMW National Rally in Roswell make the town famous for three things? :idea

And. . .you got any inside information or tips about the July 1947 incident which may be of some interest to us 'UFO buffs?'

Last edited:
Or...

We could have it where you can only get there with two wheels.
No RV's, no trailers, just riders. :p
(Oh boy am I going to get it for this one)

Where in 2007

MY choices are anywhere in the Rockies. From Jasper, Alberta to New Mexico. Seems that July weather would be conducive to a great time!

Mark Baker
2000 R1150GS
Langley, WA

:thumb Well as you can tell I'm a newbe and learning my way around this site. I'm thinking about adding the four corners to the 2006 rally since I live in Washington state. Anybody interested in riding the same?

Mark

Moot

It's no doubt "eyes only" but the 2007 Rally is probably already set or close to it. The negotiating team will let us know when the ink is dried.
When is the "next" year where members can actually give input into the selection process? Has thus ever happened before? What are the selection criteria other than being able to handle 8-10K people plus bikes? Many moderate to large county fairgrounds can do this. RA is going to Shelbeyville TN this year. This is an interesting site with many good riding roads nearby.
I vote for a "riding rallye" versus a "hang out rallye" in the future.
Breeze

Callmethebreeze said:
When is the "next" year where members can actually give input into the selection process? Has thus ever happened before?

As I understand it - if you want to make a suggestion you form a team to find a place and then get together the info needed. It's like the Olympics!

Point Look Out state Park, MD.. it's only 6 miles form the house so I have a better then 50/50 chance of making it there!!

Surprised with this years theme, no MD lighthouses were on the bonus list of the IBR..

I second a "riding rally" vs a "hang out rally" since I am one of those who brings my F650 in on a motorhome. The best examples so far are Redmond and Spokane except at Spokane I was nursing a possible battery charging issue.

My back yard. It'll be a "working rally". We'll have tools and projects for each of you.

What's that smell?

KBasa said:
Las Vegas, man. :ha
That's your tires melting during the July MOA Rally 2007 in Las Vegas. Somewhat akin to napalm in the morning. :hungover
Good thought sausage boy. Stay away from the solvent will you?
Breeze

2007 Rally Site

KBasa said:
We're still finalizing arrangements with the site, so we can't announce yet.
You can tell me Dave since I am a member of the Rally Site Selection Committee!! :dance
The Kiltmeister

Back