• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 Rally!

Visian said:
The Lost Coast, too!... and Humboldt County... and Mendocino Greeno... I am so there!

Ian

Is there enough space out there for all of us?

Or....heh heh... shall we start another little rally? Sorta like the Rounders thing, but for people that actually ride. :evil

knary said:

Or....heh heh... shall we start another little rally? Sorta like the Rounders thing, but for people that actually ride. :evil

yeah, we had a heck of a time getting all the RVs and trailers parked properly at the hotel in Escanaba last year so we won't be welcome back there. I'm thinking we will move the Round Up a little further North and maybe then we can weed out all the trailer kings and queens.

Cliffy777 said:
yeah, we had a heck of a time getting all the RVs and trailers parked properly at the hotel in Escanaba last year so we won't be welcome back there. I'm thinking we will move the Round Up a little further North and maybe then we can weed out all the trailer kings and queens.

north like quebec city??? i might be more enticed to go if it weren't so dang mid-westerney.............

What about the black algae between your toes?

If you're thinking of stachybotrys, it's harmless unless you inhale the spores. No spores unless you allow the culture to dry out.
Hope that helps.

knary said:
But what about the Osmonds, all those wonderful relics from the Lawrence Welk show and, who can forget, the former cast of Hee-Haw?

they precipitate their own weather also

knary said:

What can I say, that work stuff gets in the way. Although with the new house I actually can now commutte on the bike. Too many minivans with kids in them on my previous route to feel safe.

gambrinus said:
I mentioned WY because each year the city of Cheyenne puts on "Frontier Days" which attracts WAY more folks than our little rally.. facitlites are what was in Spokane, but bigger. Just a thought.

RW

Not a lot of good twisty roads around Cheyenne, pretty dull. I used to love the Steamboat bike week back in the 1980's and 90's, steamboat would get my vote!

:thumb

Bob

Cliffy777 said:

Wasn't snow an issue? I know we wanted to go, but had some thing with one of my kids going on, then the weather forcast iced it for us. At least railer trash is showing up. I guess I'm not a real rider :cry

knary said:

... and camp! ...and out in the real woods.

'nuff of this hotel rally stuff! :jose

Ian :D

Visian said:
... and camp! ...and out in the real woods.

'nuff of this hotel rally stuff! :jose

Ian :D

:clap

So when are you coming out west? Let's get this moving. I need to go for a ride. Anyone up for something in early October or ??? I'll camp so long as the roads aren't too icy to get the bike in and out.

knary said:
:clap

So when are you coming out west? Let's get this moving. I need to go for a ride. Anyone up for something in early October or ??? I'll camp so long as the roads aren't too icy to get the bike in and out.

Do *not* tempt me. I am sitting here banging away on a huge IPTV project that is going to go for the next 60 days, with partial deliveries every two weeks. My clients will know that I'm AWOL.

Besides, it's just about harvest time up in the Kings Range... I may never come back! ;)

Ian

Cliffy777 said:

sounds good to me. if it were a little further north, it would be worth it for me to actually ride. you guys had that event so far south (on the gold coast of the UP,) it wouldve been a waste of my time to bother to suit up in riding gear.

Vermont is great but too far to travel for the time I have. Since most of the MOA rallies have been held north of the Mason-Dixon line or east of the Mississippi, how about somewhere in the south or south west.

Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, southern California, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, or Florida would be nice. :blah

knary said:

In for Mendocino.

Dave,

What's the link for the list of where all the rallies were held?

As I remember it was pretty well spread out, except for the southwest - HOT!

MarkF said:
Dave,

What's the link for the list of where all the rallies were held?

As I remember it was pretty well spread out, except for the southwest - HOT!

I think there's a list in the front of the Anonymous book.

The current methodology is to try and move it to a different region each year so the maximum number of folks get to attend.

Let's see:

Lima
Spokane
Charleston
Trenton
Redmond

I think that covers it pretty well for the last 5 years.

The Veg said:
If you're thinking of stachybotrys, it's harmless unless you inhale the spores. No spores unless you allow the culture to dry out.
Hope that helps.

Actually, I was referring to the dreaded flambosis of the toe jam wherein the afflicted party must position his boots at least 25 feet from a populated area. Might be tough on campers.
:bolt

Breeze

Back