• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 RT Grip Heater Issue

RideTN

RideTN
So i went for a ride on the bike this morning and turned on the grip heaters to high. they will not turn off....have about 20k on the bike with no issues so far. i've turned the bike off etc and restarted it a few times, same issue, cannot turn the grip heaters off. any ideas as to what might be the cause of this problem? fwiw, seat heater switch works fine.

Sounds like a switch problem. Looks like there is warranty time left let the dealer handle it.
Bad switches are "not exactly unknown" (a euphemism for pretty common).

yes i have to get to the dealer, the switch is back working but now the left grip heater is out. at least my hands are not burning up now anyways.

Back