• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Transportation outside Rally Grounds in Minn?

drubery

Western NY Rider
Bad back, what can I say.. I'm not camping.

Having said that and with the large list of hotels I am wondering if there will be a shuttle to the Fairgrounds from some of the hotels, especially to/from the beer garden? :drink Otherwise it seems the taxis in the area may fair pretty well...<pun intended> It would be impractical to service all the hotels, but many are close enough to one another that some kind of amicable route could likely be arrived at for those of choosing to stay off site? I'm not concerned so much during the day as I will be when I turn my beer voucher in when the sun starts to fall. :D

Bad back, what can I say.. I'm not camping.

Having said that and with the large list of hotels I am wondering if there will be a shuttle to the Fairgrounds from some of the hotels, especially to/from the beer garden? :drink Otherwise it seems the taxis in the area may fair pretty well...<pun intended> It would be impractical to service all the hotels, but many are close enough to one another that some kind of amicable route could likely be arrived at for those of choosing to stay off site? I'm not concerned so much during the day as I will be when I turn my beer voucher in when the sun starts to fall. :D

I know for sure the Radison offers shuttles, but they'll probably have to establish a schedule. We are exploring the possibility of offering limited shuttles, but that's still in the planning stages. Tough to determine who wants to go where and at what time. :scratch:scratch

Thanks Karol!

There will definitely will be compromises for those that do not camp. My two cents: If you do not want to compromise on your accommodations, you will have to compromise on convenience and transportation to and from the Rally is not included in the Rally ticket. That being said those of us staying off-site are also easing stress on Rally resources in other areas, mainly showers and bathrooms and the cleaning thereof. Not to say there are not plenty of resources.

If I may suggest, from a selfish point of view my greatest interest in transportation lines up with as previously suggested the beer garden. Bikes and alcohol do not mix, so if the Rally committee sees enough of a demand for a shuttle in the interests of keeping costs low it should have limited run times and scope. Perhaps run starting an hour before evening events until after they have begun and the start up again just before events are scheduled to end until perhaps an hour after they end or the beer garden closes which ever happens latter? The hotels listed in the Rally information do seem as in many areas to be clustered (Within a mile or so) together at various distances from the Rally, why not pick one. If you're not willing to walk to another hotel from a drop off point get a taxi or camp on-site.

My plan B is to use a taxi as needed and during the day when not attending seminars and supporting vendors to Ride!

Thanks for listening and thanks for volunteering! I definitely plan on working at the rally as it's part of the experience.

There will definitely will be compromises for those that do not camp. My two cents: If you do not want to compromise on your accommodations, you will have to compromise on convenience and transportation to and from the Rally is not included in the Rally ticket. That being said those of us staying off-site are also easing stress on Rally resources in other areas, mainly showers and bathrooms and the cleaning thereof. Not to say there are not plenty of resources.

If I may suggest, from a selfish point of view my greatest interest in transportation lines up with as previously suggested the beer garden. Bikes and alcohol do not mix, so if the Rally committee sees enough of a demand for a shuttle in the interests of keeping costs low it should have limited run times and scope. Perhaps run starting an hour before evening events until after they have begun and the start up again just before events are scheduled to end until perhaps an hour after they end or the beer garden closes which ever happens latter? The hotels listed in the Rally information do seem as in many areas to be clustered (Within a mile or so) together at various distances from the Rally, why not pick one. If you're not willing to walk to another hotel from a drop off point get a taxi or camp on-site.

My plan B is to use a taxi as needed and during the day when not attending seminars and supporting vendors to Ride!

Thanks for listening and thanks for volunteering! I definitely plan on working at the rally as it's part of the experience.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll work on it and see what we can come up with. Thanks for being a member, and we'll take you up on your help during the rally:clap

Back