• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena SMH10 users

Update:
There is a newer firmware version just released at the end of March (V5.0.1)

Change made from version 5.0 to 5.0.1
  • Improved compatibility with Bluetooth GPS devices
  • Minor bug fixes in sidetone, Universal Intercom, 3-way conference intercom, and GPS device

I did this upgrade, but the hands-free dialing doesn't work as well as V5.0.0 - not dialing the phone numbers that I speak.

Last edited:
Update:
There is a newer firmware version just released at the end of March (V5.0.1)

Change made from version 5.0 to 5.0.1
  • Improved compatibility with Bluetooth GPS devices
  • Minor bug fixes in sidetone, Universal Intercom, 3-way conference intercom, and GPS device

I did this upgrade, but the hands-free dialing doesn't work as well as V5.0.0 - not dialing the phone numbers that I speak.

Did you keep a version of 5.0 firmware? If so, can you post it here as a file so I can download it? Sena does not have the 5.0 version in the history, so if the 5.0 works better, maybe that is the latest version to use.

Did you keep a version of 5.0 firmware? If so, can you post it here as a file so I can download it? Sena does not have the 5.0 version in the history, so if the 5.0 works better, maybe that is the latest version to use.

I tried to upload the file but it exceeds the site limit. Try this LINK.

upgrade worth it + a little trick

upgraded today. Nice touches. Seems like sound is better!

I mention this every once in a while... If you have iPod/iphone, you can change EQ settings to "late night" and the music output will then be a little compressed. This will give you less dynamic range BUT you can turn the VOL down a little and still here the quieter passages of the music. Better for on motorcycle use...
YMMV

Sena has introduced the 20s which will mate with any other blue tooth headset no matter what brand, has increased range, and will also multitask between different communications ie gps/music/voice. No price until later this month but I think i may be in the market since the one I have is the older first generation units.

Here is some info from Sena web site

Bluetooth 4.0
Audio Multitasking™: advanced audio management of intercom, phone, music and FM radio (patent pending)
Advanced Noise Control™
Intercom working distance up to 2.4km (1.5 miles)*
Multipoint Bluetooth for dual mobile phone
Intuitive voice prompts and commands
Built-in FM radio tuner with a station scan and save function
Universal Intercom™: intercom with other brand communication systems
Water resistant for use in inclement weather
Firmware upgradeable

Using 5.0 now and quite happy with it. Haven't tried the universal pairing yet.

May update to 5.0.1 next time I have the Senas at the computer. Really can't wait for that 20S though!

Back