• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Norway trip in July

donho

Hello,

My girlfriend & I are in the planning stages of a Norway trip in July. We rode through the alps and the dolomites with a couple on an Edelweiss tour a few years back and we decided to meet in Norway this summer. :clap

I would like to rent a BMW for trip (it's what I am most accustomed to). I am not having a lot of luck finding a rental place in Oslo. My initial thoughts as of now are finding a place in Hamburg Germany and riding to Oslo through Denmark and taking the Ferry.

I'm sure many of you guys have done a trip similar to this and may be able to give me some suggestions.

Unfortunately, I am going to be limited to about 10 days total vacation. I was wondering if anyone could respond with motorcycle rental suggestions and what to expect as far as how long it should take to get to Oslo from Hamburg. (also if reservations are required to use the ferry ).

I am flexible on where to rent, and honestly at this stage of planning, even the path to Norway. I am planning on taking camping gear and maybe staying in a hostel occasionally. (not new to camping but never done the hostel thing). I understand that camping is pretty much OK almost everywhere, but don't really think finding a place to stay should be an issue. But, again, any comments/tips are welcome.

The Edelweiss trip was first class and made us want to go back to Europe....bad. I would strongly consider them again, but I figured if we could go "on our own" we would be able to go back more often than every 6 or 8 years.

Thanks in advance

DonHo
Baxter, TN

Treat 2006 gs

Hi,

Can I come along. I promise to leave your gf alone and buy the beer!

Actually, I was thinking of flying to Germany....renting a bike and then riding thru Germany and Poland and who knows where else!

I highly recommend Stefan Knopf in Heidelberg. He is reliable, his prices are all-inclusive and he has the knowledge to give you good advice. Cheaper outfits tend to pull bait-and-switch scams where you arrive to find that the bike you ordered isn't available and you get something completely unsuitable and unreliable.

Hello
Hoping to experience riding in Norway for my 40th and have similar constraints as the OP in terms of available time, so hoping to find a place to rent BMWs in northern Germany as pricing and availability is not looking very promising in Norway or Sweden from what I see and hear.
I have heard of Knoph in Heidelberg also but for me this will lead to cutting down on travel time in Norway as I don't imagine we would be able to leave Heidelberg very easily plus the drop-off considerations at the end of the trip.

Any pointers would be appreciated

thanks

Back