• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 Rollin' by the River Rally including registration info and updates

Russell Saddles

Went by Russell Saddles today to get a new seat made for my patio swing.
They said Minnesota is to far away. I asked them about Billings next year, they said "closer but still to far, maybe when it comes back to the west coast."

Went by Russell Saddles today to get a new seat made for my patio swing.
They said Minnesota is to far away. I asked them about Billings next year, they said "closer but still to far, maybe when it comes back to the west coast."

Too bad....a lot of Eastern vendors made the trek to Salem and Redmond....

West coast sucks for the rest of us. Minneapolis is as close to the center as you can get! Not thrilled about the center of a major metro area!

Como Zoo and Conservatory

Just in case you've spent all your money at the vendors, have seen all your favorite seminars and now want something different to do without getting on your bike to play tourist..........Como Zoo and Conservatory is an excellent way to spend several hours: http://www.comozooconservatory.org/attractions/

>>>Shuttles available: Visitors can avoid parking hassles with a free shuttle service! Shuttle service begins weekends in May ? September 28. Daily service runs June 2nd through August 10. The shuttle bus allows passengers to board at the staffed off-site parking lot at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds, located on the south side of Como Avenue across from the State Fair?s Warner Coliseum and within minutes of the front doors of the Visitor Center. The shuttle runs continuously 9:30am ? 6:30pm.<<<<

COMO shuttle.jpg

Plenty to see in the conservatory:

Summer Flower Show.jpg

or the Zoo:

polar bear.jpg

This rally sucks !! The traffic is horrible, most vendors are almost sold out by 10am on the first day. The GS giant course is an absolute joke and the food is not that great at all. I would also like to mention that I had a very bad experience with No Mar buying a new front tire. To start with they are not cheaper than anybody else, they took the wrong tire of my bike and then realize it was wrong then put it back on, took the other tire off and installed the wrong tire. Then they had to remove it again and put on the right tire. On top of that they cross threaded and broke one of the fender bolts off..... I think will go back for a short while tomorrow to give them the benefit of the doubt and then I will head back home. I already cancelled my room for Friday night and I'm not even sure I will got to Billings.

Last edited:
This rally sucks !! The traffic is horrible, most vendors are almost sold out by 10am on the first day. The GS giant course is an absolute joke and the food is not that great at all. I would also like to mention that I had a very bad experience with No Mar buying a new front tire. To start with they are not cheaper than anybody else, they took the wrong tire of my bike and then realize it was wrong then put it back on, took the other tire off and installed the wrong tire. Then they had to remove it again and put on the right tire. On top of that they cross threaded and broke one of the fender bolts off..... I think will go back for a short while tomorrow to give them the benefit of the doubt and then I will head back home. I already cancelled my room for Friday night and I'm not even sure I will got to Billings.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the rally....fortunately most attendees did...Perhaps Billings will be more to your liking.

Thanks for being a member.

Back