• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

If I wasn't convinced before...

Lots of critical comments, surprises me.

Did you watch the US-CDN women's hockey? Reffing was a part of the game but they let them play and those ladies rocked some planet. Even though my country won, in an awesome game, I couldn't help but feel for the US ladies. There was going to be a great winner and a great loser. Unfortunately for the US ladies, the deciding judge happened to be a piece of iron, the goal post.

That game was decided by pure effort and emotion and one perfect play. The entire game was absolutely fantastic to watch and in my most brilliant moments playing the game, there was no way I could compete against something so raw and heartfelt.

Enough bashing the Olympics and let's get on with praising the talent and those moments where you go, "Holy Mother of our Lord, how do they do that? I wish I could!!"

And the CDN women's pair Bobsled team won gold and on a sled built in the bottom of a hotel in Calgary. Wasn't the sled that won. It was the heart.

Good game! Can't believe the US blew that lead at the end but the Canadians kept battling and our ladies were trying to protect the lead instead of continuing to attack. Didn't like some of the penalties but it was a good game nonetheless. Should be another good game tomorrow.

Positive comments are fun to read.

The US ladies didn't blow the lead. They did exactly the right thing and put five in the middle and force the blue line. I think the goal post, our new national hero and soon to be on all our money was a fortune shift. I can't describe how well both sides played and I can't describe when that puck hit the goal post, everybody in Canada puckered up.

Penalties.................man.................put yourself in the Ref's shoes. They called us on a "slight" in OT then called an "even-up" against the US and had no choice, the last one was clear.

The rumor about the sled is that it was actually built by an immigrant from India who works as a taxi driver. The hotel is pretty close to the Calgary Oly Stads and I stay there about four times a year. I can say for certain that underground parking is full of sleds ready for training. They are pretty cool animals when you look at them closely and somebody with passion explains the dynamics to you.

FYI, in the bar, after you have a few cocktails and see a group of really well built men or women and you chit chat, and they say that they are bobsledders, don't say, "oh, I thought you were all little gay folks?" Costly, very costly.

Back