• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to the Forum-Keith Hamilton-SLO, Calif.

akhslo

Hi all--been on BMW's for about 25 years--first was K-100 to get my 100,000 mile pin. Then, three or four K-75's, which have been my favorites. Great all around bike. I am 75 (last Sept 7th) and still riding, although not as much as I would like--still working so not as much time as I would like. Have two Honda scooters, one Yamaha Venture and one '87 K-75 now with only 15,000 on it!
Ride on and be safe! Keith

You're in a lovely part of CA. South of Santa Barbara, meh. But from the Seven Sisters north is awesome. I went to undergrad in SLO. I well remember (except for the name) a greasy spoon on the water in Morro Bay where I enjoyed many a hearty breakfast of coffee and saturated fat!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! I am quite familiar with SLO, had an account and then friend there, and have a step son in Arroyo Grande. I'm also 75 (last Dec) and started on BMW in the late 60s (R69S and then 75/5). Was off for a while while raising a family all and all that sort of fun. When I moved up here, had to get back on, could not stand riding these roads on 4 wheels! I going to try to pan a trip through SLO in the spring to visit a granddaughter at UCSB. Love riding the coast!

Welcome. Former 4 year resident of SLO here too.

Love to ride from my home, over to Morro Bay, up to Phil's Fish Market, then home. Great round trip.

Figure out how to put your name in the .SIG, come up with a nifty screen name & you will blend in with the locals!

I love SLO. Used to go there all the time to visit a friend. 499 miles from my house to SLO. I would leave at 0600 and be in the hotel hot tub by 1530. Moes BBQ and an Irish pub not far from there where I'd hoist a few pints. Welcome.

Hi all--been on BMW's for about 25 years--first was K-100 to get my 100,000 mile pin. Then, three or four K-75's, which have been my favorites. Great all around bike. I am 75 (last Sept 7th) and still riding, although not as much as I would like--still working so not as much time as I would like. Have two Honda scooters, one Yamaha Venture and one '87 K-75 now with only 15,000 on it!
Ride on and be safe! Keith

Keith,

Welcome to the forum! You may qualify for a complimentary Life Membership. With your member number, I am guessing you have 25 years of membership. And, if you are 75, you have hit the magic numbers. Let me know if you are interested!

Ted

Back