• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Dealership coming to Oklahoma City

I don't know anything about it other than it's just a few miles from the 45th Infantry Division Museum which is an excellent place to visit.

Great news concerning a new dealership in OK. City. I'm going on my first ever MC ride with my younger brother who lives in Oklahoma City, after 60+ years of living, and am starting to plan some events and riding routes in the area and west, so I'll have to put in a stop at the dealership on my agenda. He's riding an older Yamaha Ventura, so I'll have to introduce him to the world of BMW! :) Just starting to look for routes west and maybe north to Colorado up towards Gunnison.....I think the last time he was on a MC riding west was with a 2 cycle Suzuki 350 that he rode from St. Louie out to the mountains where a good Seminarian pulled him off the road after breaking down and patched his cycle up before sending him on his way. I believe I was in Vietnam at the time, and only heard of his adventures after the fact....

Bmw Okc

The map shows it in the same place as the old BMW store. Hope the new owner does better than the last one, the parts guy "Ron" was awesome, like to see him back behind the counter.

They have a building permit for a $30,000.00 refurb and appear to be in the middle of gutting the place. It will be nice to go to a local BMW dealership and not be greeted by the sight of all those dog-vomit stains on a crappy carpet. Ron is presently employed at Jones Offroad, I believe.

It will be nice to go to a local BMW dealership and not be greeted by the sight of all those dog-vomit stains on a crappy carpet. .

When they still sold BMWs, my favorite BMW shop was Neds in Riverside Iowa and they didn't have carpet or a fancy building.

Oh, I don't need fancy buildings and carpets. While growing up in the 70's, motorcycle shops had bare concrete floors, plain buildings and they smelled like... motorcycle shops. Butts on the floor and beer in the fridge...even for us younger folk. We could work on our bikes right in the middle of the floor and they would even loan tools, as well as dispense advice.
But, they didn't have a vomit smell and huge stains on an old ratty carpet, all while putting on airs of some "German Superiority" and making sure everyone walking into the place knew that "dad" was the Managing Director," "junior" was the "Director," and "mom" was the "Inventory Control Director," or some such. (actually, the mom was a very nice lady). Every time they would start this routine it would remind me of the old SLA, and how they gave themselves such lofty titles as "Field Marshall This," and "General That." It's kind of like being the CEO, CFO, and COO of a hotdog cart.
In other words, the atmosphere of their store, errr "World Headquarters," didn't go well with what they were shoveling.

dealer

I've bought 2 bikes at the Tulsa store and even though it's a 100 miles away, it's going to take a lot from the new store to get me to switch.

But, they didn't have a vomit smell and huge stains on an old ratty carpet, all while putting on airs of some "German Superiority" and making sure everyone walking into the place knew that "dad" was the Managing Director," "junior" was the "Director," and "mom" was the "Inventory Control Director," or some such. (actually, the mom was a very nice lady). Every time they would start this routine it would remind me of the old SLA, and how they gave themselves such lofty titles as "Field Marshall This," and "General That." It's kind of like being the CEO, CFO, and COO of a hotdog cart.
In other words, the atmosphere of their store, errr "World Headquarters," didn't go well with what they were shoveling.

Where in the world was this place? I've been in 20 or more different BMW dealerships and never have encountered one quite like this.

Except for Ron the previous store was quite dysfunctional service on LT's was sketchy at best two friend's LT were made up rideable there until they took them to Bentonville, salesmen were rude and unruly I was ready to pull the trigger on a NH 848 duck until the salesman goes on a rant about poor quality of German and Italian bikes compared to his Harley at home. If Ron wasn't there it was a crap shoot if. Your parts order was submitted. Just not a reliable place. I wasn't there when it closed but Ron said customers bikes were locked up when they went out of business and it took a court order to get them back.

Former GM of BMW Motorcycles of Fort Worth

Dear BMWMOA members,

I learned today that AC Spencer (former Manager of BMW Motorcycles of Fort Worth) will be running the dealership. My personal experience with AC has been extremely positive. I found this out this morning during our weekly club breakfast at which many of the members expressed the same feelings of sadness and regret for the loss of AC. I ask that you give him a chance and support his efforts and I am sure you will be grateful. I think you will find you are blessed with good fortune!

Best regards,

Chris

Last edited:
^^^^ That's good to hear. I'm sure all us Okies will give them a fair shake and look forward to having a good dealership in the metro area. Thanks for posting this up. Oh, and sorry for your loss......:p

P.S. If you happen to see AC, you might tell him the countdown clock on the new dealership website is no longer working. I assume they are still on for an April 1st opening.

I used to live in OKC. Ron knew his sh... stuff. There was one dude in the back that spoke airhead, but the rest of those guys wouldn't know cow-crap if you force fed it to em with a shovel. And the management were a bunch of really unpleasant people. They deserved every bit of misery they got.

I wish the -new- outfit the absolute best in luck.

I sure hate the thought of losing AC! He's an outstanding, customer service oriented man. You folks in OKC can look forward to a much better dealership.

Purchased my new '14RT directly through AC last month which included a trade in. He deals fairly and quickly if your a serious buyer. He's super concerned about customer satisfaction and works hard to promote loyality in the dealership and buyer relationship. I'm seasoned in the BMWNA/Porsche automotive sales area and from my perspective, I think the riders in the OKC area are going to be pleased with his professional mangement of the new BMW store.

Good Luck AC

I had some very bad experiences at the OKC BMW dealership before they closed. I don?t know AC Spencer, but he has his work cut out for him to reverse the extraordinarily bad reputation that OKC BMW rightly earned over many years.

Which part of new management do you not understand. They deserve a fair chance. Holding grudges against the former owner and his minions does no good to anyone. We need more dealers, not less.

Rod

Back