• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SS1000 FROM St Paul and back.

1der

Seems I remember last year a SS1000 starting "FROM" Salem and back. I'm wondering if something like that will happen this year in St. Paul. I know it's early but I'm getting "Cabin Fever".

Seems I remember last year a SS1000 starting "FROM" Salem and back. I'm wondering if something like that will happen this year in St. Paul. I know it's early but I'm getting "Cabin Fever".

Contacted Mike Kneebone....no success....will try again!

If a SS1000 was possible from and returning to the rally site, one nice point of interest included would be the head waters of the Mississippi at Lake Itasca. I'm sure there are more. I think this is going to be a great area for the National. Can't wait.:dance

I am playing with doing a SS1000 going up, it is 987 miles from my drive to the gate there, I need to contact the Kansas Turnpike authority and see what information their cash receipts have on them because if they carry a location and time I can get off at one exit and get on the other side and back track 15 or 20 miles and do a off and back on and just keep slabing it north. :dance

Ss1000

Mike, it's not cabin fever ... it's PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) :D

Mark

Ss1k

Good news!! Just talked to Mike Kneebone from the IBA, and there WILL be a SS1k for the Rally :thumb

Details will follow.:dance

Midwest Madness 1000 is going to be a great SS1000. I have a question. To document this ride you need receipts from
1. International Falls
2. Grand Forks, ND
3. Sioux Falls, SD
The IBA description also mentioned "The Head Waters of The Mississippi" is that a stop that HAS to be documented or is that JUST a stop on the side you can make as long as your in the area?
Just wondering.
1der

Midwest Madness 1000 is going to be a great SS1000. I have a question. To document this ride you need receipts from
1. International Falls
2. Grand Forks, ND
3. Sioux Falls, SD
The IBA description also mentioned "The Head Waters of The Mississippi" is that a stop that HAS to be documented or is that JUST a stop on the side you can make as long as your in the area?
Just wondering.
1der

Soooo....who's doin' it?:stick

Have I missed something???? Haven't seen any updates or new info for a SS1000 to the rally or the Midwest Madness 1000. Just 1dering.

Yes, those have been posted for several months. There were to be special instructions for Midwest Madness. Special points that you would have to go to. Example- head waters of the Mississippi etc.

Bump for the 10 Day still time to register group.

Two of us are riding the SS 1000 in from Butte, MT. I expect we will make it in good time

There are a lot more routes this year.

http://www.ironbutt.com/moa/

I wonder how many riders will do the ride?

Our Local BMW Dealership just had 17 riders do a Saddlesore in June?

Back