• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2006 Rally

W

Westmichigan

:dunno Are there any links available for the 2006 Rally in Vermont? I didn't make it to the Vermont booth, and I'd like to see a town map and locations of and links to nearby motels.

Vermont

I don't know of any links yet, but the Vermont tourism folks were handing out a two-page list of hotels/motels/inns in the area of the rally (Essex Junction) that had agreed to offer special rates for rally attendees. Their advice, as always, was "book early" as these block rooms at reduced rates were limited. That said, I'm not really sure how reduced the rates are.

Motel rates

I hope the Vermont motels do not jack up the rates for "rally week" like the Lima Motels did. Funny thing, they never mentioned the rate hike when I made my confirmation many months before the rally!! :doh

Dates?

West Michigan said:
:dunno Are there any links available for the 2006 Rally in Vermont? I didn't make it to the Vermont booth, and I'd like to see a town map and locations of and links to nearby motels.

Has the date(s) been set yet, if so what are they?

2006, Vermont

There are no links yet for 2006 on the MOA Board. The ashes of the Lima event aren't even cold yet for God's sake. :p

Not to worry, there are over 4,000 motel/hotel rooms within a 15 mile radius of the venue. At the Vermont booth, we were handing out a list of a sampling of lodging in the area ranging from dorm rooms to Comfort Inn type places to fancy ski resort timeshares. Again it was a sample of available lodging, not a definitive list.

We have already negotiated some discounted block room rates. We will be negotiating more in the future. There is a large enough pool of lodging that post reservation price increases should not be encountered, as has been reported by some people who attended Lima.

Watch the MOA Forum and the BMW ON after the October 05 Rally Wrap Up issue for information on 06. In the meantime, enjoy the excellent memories of a fine rally in Lima this year.

Michael Friedle
BMW MOA Ambassador
BMW MOA Board of Directors
BMW MOA International Rally Co-Chair 99, 03, 06

"VERMONT, It's Not Flat"

In manning the booth, I had some time to talk to Tom from Vermont regarding pricing on the hotels. Tom stated that if the hotel is a Vermont Convention Member they must hold to there normal rates.

We had a couple come up and complain of a huge rate increase due to this event. Tom was on the phone to his office and that hotel is not on the recommended list and is blackballed from future CVE events.

HTH

Lodging Choices

Price gouging is NOT typical of lodging operators in VT. The Champlain Valley Fairgrounds hosts several large annual gatherings for groups that return year after year.

Room Rates

Folks please be careful with the motels in that area. If you book ahead, and who doesn't try, get a paper confirmation with the rates. I have been to that area many times and while reasonably priced rooms are possible price gouging is common. And I have little faith in the aforementioned Chamber enforcing the no price increase policy in reality as the rally date approaches. The chamber folks rely on dues for their daily bread. Just my thoughts.

I travel for work quite a bit, and every time I book a hotel I get a confirmation of the rate and the schedule. It has saved a bunch of money and problems.

Good Idea Splinelube :thumb

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for the links, info, dates, warnings and testimonials. That should get me started. :wave

Back