• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Problems in dealing with EPCO for stainless steel exhaust systems

I attempted to order a stainless exhaust system for my 1983 R100RT for the restoration. Tom Epperson (owner) took my order on Jan 3rd by phone. My credit card was billed for roughly half the amount on Jan 6th. EPCO does not answer their phone when I call and I've had no contact with EPCO since, despite three voice mails and an email. I told him in email and voice mail that I would contest the charge as fraudulent if he didn't contact me with a status by Feb 11th. Still nothing. I did check the Better Business Bureau website for Germantown Ohio (the company location) and found a 2013 complaint that he never delivered the product and did not refund the $900 to the purchaser. Looks like that is the new "business model" for EPCO. By the way, the contact phone number listed on the credit card statement is no longer a working number!!! BEWARE of EPCO. Something rotten going on there and you will probably be throwing your money away. No "smiley face" at the end of THIS email.

I attempted to order a stainless exhaust system for my 1983 R100RT for the restoration. Tom Epperson (owner) took my order on Jan 3rd by phone. My credit card was billed for roughly half the amount on Jan 6th. EPCO does not answer their phone when I call and I've had no contact with EPCO since, despite three voice mails and an email. I told him in email and voice mail that I would contest the charge as fraudulent if he didn't contact me with a status by Feb 11th. Still nothing. I did check the Better Business Bureau website for Germantown Ohio (the company location) and found a 2013 complaint that he never delivered the product and did not refund the $900 to the purchaser. Looks like that is the new "business model" for EPCO. By the way, the contact phone number listed on the credit card statement is no longer a working number!!! BEWARE of EPCO. Something rotten going on there and you will probably be throwing your money away. No "smiley face" at the end of THIS email.

I have had a lesser similar experience. Never lost any $$ but contact is all but impossible. I was told by another that the shop has switched from favoring BMW , to street rods & HD ? So BMW request fall to the "back-burner".

My incidence goes back to trying to purchase the "dual" exhaust for my 99 RS....never happened.

Now I would once again entertain one for my Roadster...but of course haven't even called, due to past experience. So that is approximately two, 900-1000 dollars sales they lost.

The "real" shame is...I bought a pair of slip-on's for an Airhead years back...and the quality is superb !

nice thing about cc charges- you can easily have your card company reverse the charges, even if the seller does nothing about it.

i'd ask EPCO again for status (without any threats), give a week or 2 to respond, and then call your CC Co and have them deny payment via dispute if still unsatisfactory

Its not the first time I've heard bad about EPCO

I had a bad experience years ago and a friend of mine and a long time customer of there's just recently had to dispute credit card charges after they failed to deliver a product and refused to return phone calls. Its shameful that those guys developed a decent reputation and list of faithful clients in the BMW motorcycle world and then just turn their backs and for the most part try to rip people off for deposits and in some cases full payments. BBB complaints don't tell the whole story about whats going on, maybe Tom Epperson should make an effort to come on this forum and explain himself and why he takes money with no apparent intent to deliver the product.

Yes I had a similar experience getting pipes and mufflers for my R100... Tom took my order and every time I called, he had an excuse but kept making promises. I understand they actuallyk moved production to South or central America and there have been endless excuses.... I pulled my order after several months and settled for a Sito reproduction. The Keihan units look sweet but we're not available for my bike. Good luck with Tom.... He seems like a nice guy, but poor businessman....

Sorry about your bad experience with EPCO. I was shopping for a new system on my R80
and after researching EPCO read too many negative reports about their turtle-speed delivery
that I went with Keihan Systems. I'd file with my CC right away. Good luck to you. Hate
that was your 1st post, too. Things will get better.

This has been EPCO's story for years. False promises and no delivery.
There are only so many months you can be told "check back next month" before you end up buying pipes from somebody else.

I've had good luck getting EPCO stainless exhausts for several of my BMWs. The last few times
I just drove over to Germantown, OH (about 80 miles distant) and picked up the headers and
exhaust. I reckon that proximity helps.

Back