• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Outer Rain Gear

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
Hi all,

I have a Motoport Stretch Kevlar jacket and pants. I love them. The one drawback is that it requires an inner liner for waterproofing. The stretch kevlar is not waterproof.

I know that many other jacket and pants also use this method for waterproofing. I find it a PIA when compared with my BMW street guard gear which is totally waterproof.

So, I am interested in what folks use for "outer layer" rain protection systems (jacket, pants or one piece suites) that works AND is relatively easy to take on and off, and packs small.

so please give us your ideas, feedback and thoughts on various gear that works in this situation.

Thanks....

Stayin' dry all over the West...

So, I am interested in what folks use for "outer layer" rain protection systems (jacket, pants or one piece suites) that works AND is relatively easy to take on and off, and packs small.

so please give us your ideas, feedback and thoughts on various gear that works in this situation.

Frogg Toggs have kept me dry from SoCal to the Haul Road, Utah to Alberta. I wear them over my one piece 'stich. Never found that to be a problem or even an inconvenience.

I suggest military issue Goretex parkas and overpants. You can put them on in a jiffy. Big zipper pulls and velcro make it easy. Just throw on a hi viz vest on top and your good. Lots of big vents allow a lot of airflow yet still remaining dry. Cheap too for Goretex.

My response from a similar thread.

I called around to local safety supply stores. Found a breathable neon green/yellow work rain jacket and pants, a couple of sizes larger than my norm, for slipping over the riding gear. I think the jacket was $59 or $69 (Open Road 150D Rip Stop by Alliance Mercantile Inc. - Montreal). Bib pants might have been a bit more (same company, Viking Journeyman 3000). Besides being a rain suit, it doubles as a wind breaker over my mesh riding gear in cooler temperatures. It rolls down smaller than my Motoport rainer liners, but I doubt as small as a Frogg-Toggs suit.

Back