Thread: Outer Rain Gear

Cowboyatheart

Outer Rain Gear

Hi all,

I have a Motoport Stretch Kevlar jacket and pants. I love them. The one drawback is that it requires an inner liner for waterproofing. The stretch kevlar is not waterproof.

I know that many other jacket and pants also use this method for waterproofing. I find it a PIA when compared with my BMW street guard gear which is totally waterproof.

So, I am interested in what folks use for "outer layer" rain protection systems (jacket, pants or one piece suites) that works AND is relatively easy to take on and off, and packs small.

so please give us your ideas, feedback and thoughts on various gear that works in this situation.

Thanks....
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Stayin' dry all over the West...

Quote Originally Posted by nelliott View Post

So, I am interested in what folks use for "outer layer" rain protection systems (jacket, pants or one piece suites) that works AND is relatively easy to take on and off, and packs small.

so please give us your ideas, feedback and thoughts on various gear that works in this situation.
    Frogg Toggs have kept me dry from SoCal to the Haul Road, Utah to Alberta. I wear them over my one piece 'stich. Never found that to be a problem or even an inconvenience.

Could the mod's put this thread in with one a little ways down? Exactly same question.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

I suggest military issue Goretex parkas and overpants. You can put them on in a jiffy. Big zipper pulls and velcro make it easy. Just throw on a hi viz vest on top and your good. Lots of big vents allow a lot of airflow yet still remaining dry. Cheap too for Goretex.

RK Ryder
    My response from a similar thread.

I called around to local safety supply stores. Found a breathable neon green/yellow work rain jacket and pants, a couple of sizes larger than my norm, for slipping over the riding gear. I think the jacket was $59 or $69 (Open Road 150D Rip Stop by Alliance Mercantile Inc. - Montreal). Bib pants might have been a bit more (same company, Viking Journeyman 3000). Besides being a rain suit, it doubles as a wind breaker over my mesh riding gear in cooler temperatures. It rolls down smaller than my Motoport rainer liners, but I doubt as small as a Frogg-Toggs suit.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Froggies.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."