• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Still Riding?

It looks like the paint job on a p-40 warhawk.

I used to paint faces (or re-paint, depending on how shot up they got) on Huey's and Cobra's over in Vietnam with the 101 AB out of Phubai in the early 70's.....brings back memories.....

we might be having a warm spell

but I'm not sure that i could get a bike out of my driveway, considering the amount of ice that is built up. :hungover

We have a warm spell forecast for the rest of the week, so with a little luck (after it stops snowing today) things will begin to clear enough to get riding!

Of course the potholes here in NY are blue ribbon winners right now so be safe out there!

Sdpc-
Looks like you're nearby, if that warm up does get here maybe we can get out for a coffee run somewhere. It's been so long I'm going to have to read the manual again before I fire it up!

Still riding in Northern Virginia

I've been riding all winter except in the snow or on ice. I have to say that it was very strange to ride around the piles of snow that lined the streets. On the coldest day that I've ridden this winter (ever), the temp was 14.5?F. I'm glad we don't have too many days like that around here.

Got to 48F today.. got for the time in February. Still a lot of crap on the roads (salty crap) and a huge number of monster potholes, but beat sitting in front of the computer for a few hours. :)

Had our F800GTs out for a tank run last weekend- club ride to eat nearby.

But I've been spending more time riding the new lawn tractor (a JD with 4 wheel steering that replaced an antique Sears special) towing a trailer to haul tree debris from our ice storms.
The chain saw has been getting a good workout and the SO informs me that she wants to grow shiitake mushrooms on the oak so the drills will also get some use..

This week we've got days in the 60s- very nice indeed so will do some riding this weekend too

Back