• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Still Riding?

Kristopher

This is my Car!
Anybody still riding? I'm in eastern Pa. so it has been a rough year to say the least. I usually try to ride all year but way to much snow this year. They put so much salt and cinders on the road I hesitate to ride even when there is no snow on the roads. Going to be awhile I'm afraid. I used to ride through the salt and cinders and wash the bike afterword. Hands would be burning, water freezing on the bike, no more of that. I have access to but don't own a car this year has been rough.

This has just been one of those old time winters and the salt and sand has been keeping me off of the bike. Its been a good break to be honest and might give me the spark to ride more come Spring (in 39 days if you're counting).

Meanwhile I've been enjoying the ski slopes, ice fishing , a couple of snow mobile trips with friends, and working on the bike.

We usually get enough rain to clear the crud off of the roads, and i dont usually stop riding, but it just hasn't happened this year. I guess we were due.

We are riding here, it is 76F today, 81F Thursday. I'll stop late May or June. Then start again night riding in late August or September.

yeah, too much trouble to clean off the car. Not the K though, haven't figured out how to keep 2 wheels upright in the white stuff:laugh

Attachments

• febsnow.jpg
    febsnow.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 120
We are riding here, it is 76F today, 81F Thursday. I'll stop late May or June. Then start again night riding in late August or September.

That's pretty much our weather here in the Texas Big Bend. We have been riding fairly regularly. But we doin't stop for the summer. We just go north: NM, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC, WA, then back southward, generally in that order for mid May through mid Sept.

December 28th was the last day for me. Both bikes are in the garage, the little heater working overtime to keep temp hovering around 35 degree. The weather folks are projecting a warm up coming next week. I hope they are right.

No riding anything parked in the garage other than a tractor with the 44 inch snowblower that is getting quite a workout so far.

No riding anything parked in the garage other than a tractor with the 44 inch snowblower that is getting quite a workout so far.

Yeah, the snow has been obscene this winter. I have to get a snowblower, of course when I do it wont snow for two years. My riding all year round has gone out the window this year. More snow tonight.

Still riden here in east tnn, in fact i test rode the rt down to fla an back. 28dgs when i left out on the 7th, got back on the 15th. crazy road conditions on the way back, i came back I 95 to 26 through columbia sc to ashevill nc. friken skating rink from ashevill to johnson city, i knew i might be in trouble when i passed a bright neon sign saying trucks must chain up. ive been 2 days washing the salt off the bike. the rt is without question a very impressive touring machaine, 02 1150.

Riding as in Plowing!

Oh Yeah! I'm riding...all TOO often on the ATV with snow plow. Over 40 inches in Central Illinois so far this winter...about 25+ inches over average. 3 inches Sunday and another 4 inches today. Usually one tank or less of fuel for winter (3 gal.), over 9 gallons so far this winter.

The K12RS and R12GSA are plugged in and ready to fire any time...come on spring!!!

Chuck
p.s. Experiencing Cabin Fever to the 10th Degree!

Not riding :-(
Did put some "quality" time in behind the snow blower this evening though.......

No riding here in SE PA.

PMS%20HDR-L.jpg

A little more snow overnight, but looks like we're going to get a bit of a (rainy) warming spell. Maybe next week.

We have a warm spell forecast for the rest of the week, so with a little luck (after it stops snowing today) things will begin to clear enough to get riding!

Of course the potholes here in NY are blue ribbon winners right now so be safe out there!

We have a warm spell forecast for the rest of the week, so with a little luck (after it stops snowing today) things will begin to clear enough to get riding!

Of course the potholes here in NY are blue ribbon winners right now so be safe out there!

They're importing the potholes from NJ.. we seem to have more potholes than pavement in lots of spots.

My bike is on the charger - but I'm hoping to get it on the road again later this week - it's been 3 weeks and that's WAY too long.

Back