• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

april weather?

the Wizard of Oz
I'm posting in west region too but "campfire" seems to get more traffic. Thanx.

Is it likely to be "riding weather" early April in the Sierra up by Fresno/Sonora? I'm gonna be traveling thru and thinking of renting a bike for my weekend off.
thanx ...for the guesses!:D

I'm posting in west region too but "campfire" seems to get more traffic. Thanx.

Is it likely to be "riding weather" early April in the Sierra up by Fresno/Sonora? I'm gonna be traveling thru and thinking of renting a bike for my weekend off.
thanx ...for the guesses!:D

Fresno area and Sonora are quite different in that they are very different elevations. Fresno area should be OK, could have some rain or plenty of warm sun, but the riding there is not all that interesting if what you are looking for is fun bike roads. Sonora and higher elevations could have late snows or could be some rain or plenty of sun. I would definitely have a plan "B" for the higher elevations. Mountain weather is very hard to predict! Start following weather reports and maps about a month prior.

Thanx!

Sonora and higher elevations could have late snows or could be some rain or plenty of sun. I would definitely have a plan "B" for the higher elevations. Mountain weather is very hard to predict!

exactly why I asked for local opinions. Thanx!

Obv'ly time will tell, but I'm sorta looking for odds, chances, opinions wild gueses while we're up to our eyeballs in snow here in Chgo.

Higher elevations tend to have runoff which freezes overnite, and refreezes before sun goes all the way down. Dark north facing corners may stay icy all day. You definitely need plans b and c.

I caaaaannnnn'tttt helllllpppp myselfff. I gotta post this.

You are afraid of a bit of snow in the mountains and you live in Chicago? I'd be more afraid that the Winnipeg Jets just handed the Blackhawks a good kicking and you just know, Jonathon Toews is all out the next two weeks and could come back burnt. Good Winnipeg boy he is will leave everything on the ice to win.

When you are coming west this summer in Canada, I will do my "no nasty weather" dance for you. It involves beer of course and a little something, something, I like to call, "Fat Guy Dancing".

Take your time and adventure. When are you gonna get another chance?

Sonora will be fine, Hwy 49 and local offshoots will be fine. They are all between 1000-2500' elev. But crossing any of the passes would be problematic, unless the dry/warm weather continues due to that stubborn ridge of high pressure we have. Just got some rain and snow but it is quickly warming back up, even here in the Pacific Northwest.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Back