• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Meet and ride the tip of the mitten of Michigan

hendrik

I know its the middle of the never ending winter here in northern Michigan but its never too early to talk about meeting eating and riding. I'm in East Jordan and just wondering if there might be any more hardy north country folks that may want to get together every now and then to talk about and ride motorcycles. I would be ok for Touring, sport, and or adventure style no matter as long as there are motorcycles involved. :wave:wave

Sounds fun. I am not real familiar with the 'back roads' of Top of the Mitten, but pass through often enroute to Traverse City via Gaylord/Alba/Kalkaska or Petoskey/Elk Rapids. I do ride Eastern UP often, too, as that is closer to home. Keep me in the loop.

Sounds fun. I am not real familiar with the 'back roads' of Top of the Mitten, but pass through often enroute to Traverse City via Gaylord/Alba/Kalkaska or Petoskey/Elk Rapids. I do ride Eastern UP often, too, as that is closer to home. Keep me in the loop.

OK.
Let me know next time your down this way.We should hook up and do Tunnel of trees and Wilderness state park. I can meet you at the Big Mac. That is if the snow ever stops.
P.S.
Nice pictures!!

Rides - Tip of the Mit

I know its the middle of the never ending winter here in northern Michigan but its never too early to talk about meeting eating and riding. I'm in East Jordan and just wondering if there might be any more hardy north country folks that may want to get together every now and then to talk about and ride motorcycles. I would be ok for Touring, sport, and or adventure style no matter as long as there are motorcycles involved. :wave:wave

Greetings -
Yea, this winter has dropped pretty heavy on us, but it won't be too long . . . .
I live in Cadillac & get up your way on occasion - My ride is an R1150RT - Finished a Four Corners USA trip last fall and am looking for a ride or two this summer -
We'll have to link up once the weather breaks.

Take care
Jake

Greetings -
Yea, this winter has dropped pretty heavy on us, but it won't be too long . . . .
I live in Cadillac & get up your way on occasion - My ride is an R1150RT - Finished a Four Corners USA trip last fall and am looking for a ride or two this summer -
We'll have to link up once the weather breaks.

Take care
Jake

Hi Jake, I'm planning a 4 corners ride this May, with my brother who rides a Yamaha cruise ship, so I'm looking for pavement back-roads with views and scenes to see. We plan on camping, so other than the fact that he has an old Yamaha Ventura MC which is not suited to even gravel roads based on his riding experience, (last on a MC back in his teens and now in his middle fifty's) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think winter is finally over. Any plans for a get-together?

Back