• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag for K1200S

royaltyl

Can anyone recommend a tank bag for a 2006 K1200S? I need a larger one like the BMW bag on my 1200RT. Has anyone taken any long trips on a KS?

Larry

I started with the Large BMW bag made for the K1300S and K1200S, but found it was a little too big for my needs.

P1000510_Large_.JPG

I decided to buy the smaller 10 liter BMW bag and like it much better.

P1000511_Large_.JPG

P1000507_Large_.JPG

Here's a pic of the large and small bag side by side.
Large_Small.JPG

My wife uses a small Bag Connection bag on her bike.
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

I also use a small Bag Connection bag for day trips.
Trip3.jpg

Trip4.jpg

BTW, my wife and I find our K1300Ss very comfortable for touring.

Great pictures and thanks a lot. Do you find the small fuel capacity a problem touring with these bikes?

200+ miles is normally a good time to stop, stretch, and relieve one's self.....That is about 3.5 to 4 hrs on my normal route. I understand those who use the slab more get a bit better mileage, and there are always fuel stations along those routes. So, for sure it is small-ER than your RT and other more focused touring bikes, but it still has a pretty good range, at least I thought so.

Great pictures and thanks a lot. Do you find the small fuel capacity a problem touring with these bikes?

Sorry for the slow reply.
We normally need to stop for fuel by 180 mile which is Ok, but I sure wouldn't complain if the tank was 1.0 gal. to 1.5 gal. bigger.

found it to be a great touring bike, with longest mileage days of about 700. except for offroading, it does everything. interstate blasts and canyon carving. took mine from Calif to Ky last june. Before that, have toured all over Utah, Idaho, Montana, Calif and Oregon.

Said goodbye to it last summer after 54000 miles, traded it for a K1600GT. Didn't think many bikes were smoother than a K12/K13, but the K16 is incredibly smooth.

Back