• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gettysburg Weekend Getaway 2014?

nielsm

Riding Geek
This has run the past 2 years & I've attended each. Last year sold out quickly. I see the North Carolina weekend getaway, but this one hasn't been posted yet. Does anyone know if it is going to happen this year again?

Due to several complications and suitable lodging availability there will not be a weekend getaway held in Gettysburg this year. Stay tuned though as we are working on more great venues for later in the year!

Due to several complications and suitable lodging availability there will not be a weekend getaway held in Gettysburg this year. Stay tuned though as we are working on more great venues for later in the year!

Are accommodations that hard to find in Gettysburg ? I have been there for a day, but did not stay [there]

I have been thinking of going back and spend more time. While near, I plan to visit the Flight 93 memorial once again as well.

I went last year and it was great in spite of the weather.
What would be neat would be the same type of trip around Richmond.
The city is literally ringed by battlefields and such.

I attended the two Gettysburg weekends and would have gone again this year. it was great meeting everyone and there was plenty to do and see.

Bike Week

So, apparently there is a bike week scheduled for the Gettysburg area this year for those lamenting the missing MOA weekend this year. It runs July 10-13. Not exactly BMW focused and perhaps a bit more Sturgis style with all that brings. Incidentally at the same hotel as MOA weekend last couple of years.

http://www.gettysburgbikeweek.com

I agree. I find it's so much easier to get a couple of guys and do these trips without the "rally" group. If guys are too busy then I just go by myself.

I find I can get better hotel rates during the quiet seasons, and the staffs at restaurants are usually happy to spend a few minutes chatting instead of running from table to table. Very often I've gotten great tips on roads or other places to see during these chats. Even Campgrounds can be nice with campers spread out instead of right on top of each other site to site.

Try it without the crowd and you'll probably have a much better time!

Back