• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Storage Compartment under lid of GTL Top case

deineder

Just traded my RT on a new GTL. The top Case liner I used on the RT fits nicely on the bottom half of the GTL top case, but there would be lots of empty space above it. I saw a storage compartment luggage piece from OEM that attaches under the lid of the top case. Pricey: $110. Does anyone have this piece? What else are you guys using to maximize the space under the lid?

Just traded my RT on a new GTL. The top Case liner I used on the RT fits nicely on the bottom half of the GTL top case, but there would be lots of empty space above it. I saw a storage compartment luggage piece from OEM that attaches under the lid of the top case. Pricey: $110. Does anyone have this piece? What else are you guys using to maximize the space under the lid?

I have the upper storage compartment and it is worth every penny... very nice and it never leaves the bike. I also have the top case liner and they work well with each other AS LONG as you don't overpack the top case liner.

I have the upper storage compartment and it is worth every penny... very nice and it never leaves the bike. I also have the top case liner and they work well with each other AS LONG as you don't overpack the top case liner.

Thanks for the advice. They look neat. But I'd like to get my hands on one before buying.

I just bought it!

just got that case that attaches under the lid of the top case - it's like a small brief case (very small) BUT I love it b/c it helps to organize things I like to have on board such as a minimal amount of paper work, pencil, pen, iPad, writing pad, etc. - very functional.

Last edited:

I happened to look at this piece of luggage yesterday at my local BMW dealer. Looked pretty nice. Came with mounting hardware too. I plan to purchase it soon. From what I hear it is a very convenient, yet will probably prevent storage of helmet when in use. :thumb

I have this bag! bought it because there was nowhere to store all the manuals and papers for the bike. Downside? Helmet wont fit in the top case with the bag in there. Have to store the helmet in the pannier. Little extra storage for a couple of tools for the just incase scenario. Not bad easy to install, pre-drilled holes for attachment pieces in the lid already. I like it.

Back